Jerks in Work Vol 2 (1 Viewer)

Fairplay to you, fairplay.

I was supposed to have a pay review before my last raise. But I didn't, just got the raise (crap raise btw.) And there's other stuff......

How do you leave a job if you don't have another one lined up? This is my question....

brave woman! g'wan, tell us how you did it?

Basically just wrote a two line letter saying 'I hereby resign. My last day will be April 1st' and handed it to my manager (the one who should have given me my bonus and pay rise info).

He sent me a text last night asking me to sleep on it. Which I have. Not sure if it makes any difference though. Worried as fuck given I have no job to go to.

Fairplay to you, fairplay.
How do you leave a job if you don't have another one lined up? This is my question....

Well it's not something I have ever done before. So I don't know. Obviously I'm about to find out. I am not a compulsive type of person so this is totally out of character for me. But the abuse etc she was shouting at me - we're in an open plan office and everyone within 15 feet heard her. I was mortified.

I have told my boss that if I am to stay I want an apology and something else to make up for it. Have no idea what yet though. Bitch should pay, IMHO.

Basically just wrote a two line letter saying 'I hereby resign. My last day will be April 1st' and handed it to my manager (the one who should have given me my bonus and pay rise info).

He sent me a text last night asking me to sleep on it. Which I have. Not sure if it makes any difference though. Worried as fuck given I have no job to go to.

KC, to me that sounds like an opening for negotiation.

I don't think you have anything to lose. Get in there and tell them whats on your mind. If it doesn't work out, well you're no worse off.

Or else just show them this thread!

If he asks you why you're leaving, tell him exactly why. Alot of people chicken out and be diplomatic. Stitch yer wan up like a kipper.

Then he may decide to reprimand her and things could be better in work meaning you could stay. Or you could tell him you'll stay for another bit on a trial basis but look for a new job at the same time.

KC - for all you know he might not even like the b!tch manager, he may well be looking for an excuse to not have her on the team.
like petethedrummer said, make sure he knows the reason you gave up was her

KC - for all you know he might not even like the b!tch manager, he may well be looking for an excuse to not have her on the team.
like petethedrummer said, make sure he knows the reason you gave up was her

Oh he knows what happened as I gave him an earful. He can't stand her either but she's above him so there's nothing he can do.

I hate people who think being your manager is a license to be a cnut. I also hate people who have a seperate work personality... 'oh I have to be a bastard in work'....no you're just a bastard. I also hate people. I like the concept of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back