Jerks in Work Vol 2 (1 Viewer)

5% isn't bad either.
Most companies would be tightening their belts given the uncertainty ahead.

Also:
Other people are almost always earning less than you think. It's pretty easy to work yourself up into a lather of dissatisfaction - does nothing but harm in the long run - work ends up less fun for you and you end up angry and bitter and less fun to work with.

Best think you can do is decide to do absolutely nothing and to put a brave face on it for at least a week - see how you feel then.

5% isn't bad either.
Most companies would be tightening their belts given the uncertainty ahead.

Also:
Other people are almost always earning less than you think. It's pretty easy to work yourself up into a lather of dissatisfaction - does nothing but harm in the long run - work ends up less fun for you and you end up angry and bitter and less fun to work with.

Best think you can do is decide to do absolutely nothing and to put a brave face on it for at least a week - see how you feel then.

Doh!
Too late

3042890f.jpg

bonkers

Em well here's an update - I just resigned. The woman who gave me my pay rise/bonus review this morning tore me a new hole a couple of hours ago because she's going to a conference and instead of her getting her usual hotel room she's been booked into a luxury apartment. GOD FORBID! She screamed and shouted at me in front my colleagues and threw what amounts to a tantrum.

Anyway it was the icing on the cake. Just handed in my notice.

.|..|.|..| cool.

now what ya goin to do ?

Em well here's an update - I just resigned. The woman who gave me my pay rise/bonus review this morning tore me a new hole a couple of hours ago because she's going to a conference and instead of her getting her usual hotel room she's been booked into a luxury apartment. GOD FORBID! She screamed and shouted at me in front my colleagues and threw what amounts to a tantrum.

Anyway it was the icing on the cake. Just handed in my notice.

A luxury apartment? HOW COULD YOU!?

Congrats for standing up to the terrible behaviour, dude. It's gotta be scary to do it, but your self-respect is worth way more than that.

Yeah, but you'll get one. You WILL. And you'll also be in a state of mind where you'll be fairly vigilant about what you will and won't be able to put up with, so you could end up in a job where you're happier. Not that it's ever good to leave work on bad terms (or even end up on bad terms in work), but still, you'll genuinely be looking out for a situation that would be an improvement, not just more of the same.

Yeah, but you'll get one. You WILL. And you'll also be in a state of mind where you'll be fairly vigilant about what you will and won't be able to put up with, so you could end up in a job where you're happier. Not that it's ever good to leave work on bad terms (or even end up on bad terms in work), but still, you'll genuinely be looking out for a situation that would be an improvement, not just more of the same.

Thanks hun. Thing was no one stood up to her and told her she was being a bitch. That hurt quite a bit as well.

Thanks hun. Thing was no one stood up to her and told her she was being a bitch. That hurt quite a bit as well.

That's kinda the worst bit. You'll probably get a lot of, or at least a few "Good for you"s from people in work as quiet asides, but sometimes you end up feeling like, "But where were you when I could have used some backup!?" It's a crappy feeling. But unfortunately, people don't like to get involved, especially if they're going to be the ones sticking around.

It's one thing for her to shout at you, even worse to do it on a day when she KNOWS you're feeling bruised about your pay review. If she had any sensitivity at all, she'd have been aware of that and held her tongue. Or maybe she actually shouted out of guilt. But there's no excuse for it, and it must feel really shitty.

wooohoooo for having the balls for doing it. in my experience in a situation like this when one leaves others follow.

Thanks kids. Sick now though as I don't have a job come April 1st.

Revise the CV and stick it up on Monster. There are a lot of interesting jobs out there. I went 18 months in my last job with an ever increasing workload and NO raises. I couldn't even take my holidays as more than long weekends because I was the only full-time member of staff.

I'm now working a 6-month contract in a job that could lead to a really good full-time position, but even if it doesn't it's well paid and amazing experience.

Best of luck anyway. You definitely did the right thing, you should never have to put up with that kind of behaviour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back