A message from Julie and Dave at Road Records.
A big big thank you to everybody who attended our benefit show on Saturday night in Andrews Lane. It really was an amazing night full of like-minded music fanatics and a real shot in the arm to us here at Road Records regarding the feelings people have towards our store and what we do. It was truly amazing to see so many people come out and support us, added to the general goodwill we have experienced here in the store since we announced our closure. I have to say we have both been utterly blown away by the reaction we have received. To be honest I did know people liked the store but the outpouring of emotion since January has just been mindblowing, from bands contributing free stock to our cause and also from regular customers just begging us not to give up hope.
We regarded our decision in January as final having spent a long time trying to find a way out of our situation to no avail. Soon after announcing our closure a number of ideas were thrown at us by different people and we started to think that maybe there was a way that we could carry on.
We have set ourselves certain targets and have agreed that if we manage to hit every single one of them then we will carry on with the shop. Last Saturday night was the fulfilment of a major target!
The thank you list for Saturday night could go on for many pages so I will keep it as simple as possible
– To Vinny from the Jimmy Cake whose idea it was in the first place * We can never repay you.
– The bands * Jimmy Cake, Jape, Adrian Crowley, Large Mound, Dudley Corporation and Si Schroeder [Colm Mac Con Iomaire sustained a rather serious eye injury on -Saturday but we still owe you Colm]
– Thanks also to Dylan and Djonny for their dj skills, we would love to have done it ourselves but that would have required not being able to talk to everyone on the night.
– Andews Lane and their staff for the venue.
– Leagues, Allistar and Foggy Notions for their tireless help.
– Paul Smyth, Tickets.ie, Nialler9 / State Magazine, Pete Brady at Thumped.com and Tower Records
– Every single one of you people who paid in.
We would also like to thank all the bands who contributed their music to us free of charge after we announced our closure, the thank you list would go into the hundreds so please forgive us for just making a collective thank you to you all, you know who you are and you should be very proud of yourselves for what you have done for us.
To everybody who has been in to us since Janaury with words of support, thank you, it really does mean a lot to us to just know how important you feel our store is to the Irish music scene in general.
Thank you all so much
Julie and Dave