Road Records celebrate Record Store Day this weekend & are offering free delivery on all Irish orders placed during the month of April:
Joining us on the day -Saturday 19th April are some of Irelands best loved artists . Why not drop in and catch the likes of Pugwash, Mumbling Deaf Ro, Mark Geary, John Hegarty, Crayonsmith, Rebecca Collins and many many more and help celebrate Record Store Day with lots of acoustic instore specials.
We will be offering 20% off absolutely everything in the shop (except the staff of course) including all our cd’s and vinyl, both new and second hand.
Unfortunately the sale will not extend to online sales but don’t forget we are now offering free postage on all online cd orders in Ireland.
For more info on Record Store Day and why we are participating, then check out their website – Record Store Day
We will keep you updated on the full list of artists playing and times on our newspage on the website. We will have a full list up there on Friday so you check out who is playing and what time. So check back to the newspage later in the week for more info.
So, even if you can’t make it down to the shop, remember: As a big thank you to our Irish based customers we are offering totally free shipping on all cd orders to you. All orders placed in the month of April will receive free shipping on their cd’s within Ireland, that includes Northern Ireland too.
Some special offers this week:
– The new Clinic album for only 14.99 on cd and 18.99 on vinyl
– A nice new Isis ep for only 5.99
– The new Speck Mountain album is only 16.99 on cd and 17.99 on vinyl, and its oh so beautiful, they recently featured on the Bearded Ladies compilation with their stunning track Hey Moon
– The new Jimmy Cake album is only 14.99 for this week.
– The new Mark Geary album is only 15.99 and comes with a special bonus disc and poster.
– The Fortuna Pop label are back with a great new album from The Mountain Movers.
– The new Sun Kil Moon album is only 12.99 while stock lasts.
– Asthmatic Kitty have a wonderful new sampler cd out this week for only 4.99
– The last two Be Your Own Pet 7 singles are now in stock.
– The Boredoms album Super Roots 9 is now in stock and hasn t left our stereo all day today, only 13.99
– The Breeders album is now finally in stock on vinyl.
– On the Irish front there is a truly superb collection of Ambient / Classical sounds from Irish cellist Fitch (aka Claire Fitch) out this week.
For those not familiar with Road Records:
Road Records is an independent record store located in Dublin, Ireland. We have been in business since September 1997. The shop is run by Julie and Dave. We specialise in everything non chart orientated. The site and shop was set up from pure frustration with big stores and the likes and the lack of facilities for people who like their music a little left of centre. We believe in the old style way of running a music store, yes indeed, one where the staff actually know the music they are selling. We don’t really have any rules about what types of music we sell, its quite simple, if we like it then we will sell it. We have a huge selection of Irish releases from Irish based independent artists etc. A lot of Irish artists are releasing records these days without the assistance of record labels and we are only too glad to help them out with this by giving them somewhere to sell their music without the need for a label or proper distribution. This will benefit both the bands and their fans as some bands are able to release limited runs of cd’s and cdr’s. This way we all benefit.