Zine (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

so i've finally decided to pull the finger out and do a zine. if anybody has contributions they'd like to send me (reviews, interviews yadda yadda) then go ahead. I've written a good deal of it already, havent started the lay out and all that shite yet, and wont till after my exams, so it wont be done for yonks.

I'm prob doing it in A5 format and it'll prob be free too. Hardcore.

Is it going to have articles about butterflies and girls and glasses and blue sweaters?

Whatever happened to that zine The Grip Ethic? I never even saw a copy and I was always curious about it.
Ha my exams finish in two weeks...which means they start....oh shit... (makes hasty exit)

hahaha what the fuck like? they're so going in the zine.

nah, no straightedge crap. there's gonna be no politics whatsoever (well, not intentionally). It's all music, movies and tv. So far i have an interview with Dark Day Dawning (metalcore from USA), i'm waiting on a reply to an email interview from On The Might Of Princes, lots of little bits and pieces like pop culture bits and clip art, an article on Zombie movies and about 50 billion live and record reviews. It's gonna be mainly cut and paste but a lot of its being done on computer.

Oh and because I didn't get the required outpouring of grief the first time i said this, i'll say it again: Jake's Wrath is officially dead.

on the might of princes pretty are pretty good,wouldent mind reading that.

yeah on the might are on tour at the mo and wont be back til 10th of may, but the guy at their label said they'd def be up for it. if not, then he'll pass me onto another band, which is cool cos its a good label.

jake's wrath is dead? serious? why's that? that sucks, seriously

just sent a mail to Shai Hulud asking if they'd like to do an interview. THAT would be sweet....

Alan Remorse said:
yeah on the might are on tour at the mo and wont be back til 10th of may, but the guy at their label said they'd def be up for it. if not, then he'll pass me onto another band, which is cool cos its a good label.

jake's wrath is dead? serious? why's that? that sucks, seriously
because I wanted internet sympathy and concern... well no, basically because I was sick to the back teeth of writing about hardcore bands, and doing basically the same zine that i was doing when i was 16. I wouldn't rule out doing another zine ever again, but it'd have different subject matter and probably look completely different (the A5 cut and paste aesthetic has been appealing to me more and more), so i wouldn't really feel justified in keeping the JW name.
Not actually looking for outpourings of grief, but I've been getting a small bit of stuff for review recently that will never see the light of day, and I thought i should make it public knowledge that i don't want stuff for review any more. I might actually pass stuff that i was given to review on to you alan? I feel bad that a few bands went to the effort of sending me stuff that I'll never do anything about.

Liadain said:
I might actually pass stuff that i was given to review on to you alan? I feel bad that a few bands went to the effort of sending me stuff and I'll never do anything about it.

yeah, that'd be cool. Or if you like, you can review them yourself and send the reviews to me (you'll get a mention of course... and a 10% cut of the massive profits)

So if 'jake's wrath' is finished i guess ya want to be taken off the trading list, however if ya could have responded to the couple of 'obligatory response' emails i send out every six months to try and keep this zine trade thing up to date (new funky site and domain name soon) it would have been a help.

Alan Remorse said:
just sent a mail to Shai Hulud asking if they'd like to do an interview. THAT would be sweet....
Al Shai Hulud will definatley reply, they always do to emails, they are goin on tour now though, so i wouldnt go hoping on til they are back from the tour (and dead and buried).

spuded said:
So if 'jake's wrath' is finished i guess ya want to be taken off the trading list, however if ya could have responded to the couple of 'obligatory response' emails i send out every six months to try and keep this zine trade thing up to date (new funky site and domain name soon) it would have been a help.
eh, no, because I still have a load of copies of the last issue to get rid of. If I wanted to be taken off it i would have asked you to take me off it.

well, shai hulud arent on tour till June so hopefully they'll be able to get back to me.

Anybody want to advertise in the zine? Dont fancy being run into the ground financially

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back