Your work situation (17 Viewers)

That sounds fucking brilliant!

Depends what you want. You want to earn 50k a year and keep going up, it's not for you. You wanna work to have enough to be able to live and live to rock (and provide for your nipper and do some other stuff) and you abhor the idea of bringing work home, answering emails on the Blackberry at half ten on Sunday night etc. you might like it.

Just got called for interview for the other s.o. job I applied for around the same time as I applied for this. The interviews are due to take place the week after next.

It should be noted that I'm in my 5th week of my current job. I mean, really!

I had a conversation with a guy in work and he was aghast when I said I have never, in all my working life had a two week holiday.

I need to sort out the old work/life balance.

I got such a job at 23 for two years - a 32 hour week, nice working hours that allowed for a friday off every 3 or 4 weeks, 30 days holidays, decent pay, a very fair voluntary redundancy payment at the end. I've never managed anything like it since.

I had a conversation with a guy in work and he was aghast when I said I have never, in all my working life had a two week holiday.

I need to sort out the old work/life balance.
I had it at the place I worked in Ireland. Pretty much unheard of here.

But it was prescribed back home. Everyone got the same two weeks in August and the company essentially went dark.

I'm entitled to take 2 weeks in a row-it's just never happened.

We had an American guy working with us during the week who couldn't believe how generous the holidays are.

I always think "it's only one fucking day" when I watch Planes, Trains and Auto-mobiles.

I'm entitled to take 2 weeks in a row-it's just never happened.

We had an American guy working with us during the week who couldn't believe how generous the holidays are.

I always think "it's only one fucking day" when I watch Planes, Trains and Auto-mobiles.
Thanksgiving is awesome cos you get the Thursday AND the Friday.
Well, sometimes you get the Friday.

Coming in to work on Stephens's Day is no fucking joy though.

Today is the first day in about a month where I haven't felt under enormous panicy pressure. Think I'll keep the head down and doss for the rest of the day. #minor pleasures

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back