Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 68K
  • Watchers 9
That's a tricky question really. All I know is the MS Therapy Centre in Trim has been offering Oxygen Therapy since the 80s. I asked people and the answers are vague but along the lines of generally feeling better and a number of people have stopped taking their medication. I was one of the younger people there today.
But I've heard of people doing oxygen for other conditions too.
I'm doing it because, why not.

It might not be the same thing, but when I was in hospital my oxygen volume something or other was at about 90%.
Because ribs and smoking.hours of oxygen got it up to 98% briefly. Apparently that's where it should be for a man my age.

Would try again.

I could do the nose thing, but the nebuliser freaked me out.

Just got this email in work about the fittest guy I know over 40/50 in here

1715874849329.png

Even if you take care of yourself, you're not guaranteed the time

Whatever it is you plan on doing, get fucking doing it

If you're a dude, probably get married

My girlfriend's brother, about my age but slim and fit, and a show jumper to boot had a stroke last weekend.
He is doing relatively well in rehabilitation, but he will never work again. The horses will have to go.
Life-changing event. And his wife is living with breast cancer.

Life can be cruel

Just got this email in work about the fittest guy I know over 40/50 in here

View attachment 18737

Even if you take care of yourself, you're not guaranteed the time

Whatever it is you plan on doing, get fucking doing it

If you're a dude, probably get married

a colleague of mine nearly died a couple of years ago, and you could argue that it started with a cruciate ligament injury.
he was advised to take up cycling as a result, so he did. got a road bike; really enjoyed it, and ended up getting a mountain bike too.
the next bit is assumed to be part of the puzzle; he cycled through what he thought was a large muddy puddle (i think in or near donadea) but it was a crater from a windblown tree, and he landed on his face, wrenched his neck back. he was checked for concussion but was OK.
six months later, he came home from the gym, told his wife he wasn't feeling good, and within 10 minutes she'd rung for an ambulance. he was told afterwards that if she'd waited another 10 or 20 minutes, he'd have been dead or severely brain damaged - his carotid artery had torn. he's lucky to not have suffered brain damage as it is.
they reckon the crash in donadea had resulted in a partial tear of his artery, it had never fully healed, but that something he did in the gym completed the tear,

My girlfriend's brother, about my age but slim and fit, and a show jumper to boot had a stroke last weekend.
He is doing relatively well in rehabilitation, but he will never work again. The horses will have to go.
Life-changing event. And his wife is living with breast cancer.

Life can be cruel
All that shit we say at funerals or at new years or whenever about living with purpose and wanting more time to pursue the things that make us feel like we're alive

And we all lapse on them after a while

The things we want that don't come easy, we have to grasp them and recommit on the regular.
Writing that song, doing that bike ride, or whatever makes you the person you want to be

Watching endless shit from the couch on TV and phones can wait til for retirement/dotage/infirmity

What is it suppose to do or help, if you don’t mind me asking?
there's another procedure i've heard about which i don't understand - my mother had neck problems (soreness and stiffness) and ended up with a chap in town who used some sort of laser therapy on her neck, and she swears it almost completely cured it.
i just don't understand how a laser administered to the skin could have any effect on a joint; surely for the laser to have gotten to the joint, it'd have had to have been so bright as to burn the skin off?

Fuck. I'm going to have to step away from this thread
You already have a wife to get you to the hospital

You are streets ahead of me, twtching at home on my kitchen floor wondering why I never painted the ceiling but watched all of the Witcher instead, as I drift into an unconscious eternity.....

I said this 19 years ago.
You told me to piss off.
I guess you didn't make the point well enough? Or I was already doing the things I wanted to do?
Or I was deeply unhappy in ways I couldn't see and couldn't get out of my own way?

It's almost like everyone comes to things in their own time

Happy for you that you have had a 20 year head start on this

... or you could stop striving all the time, and engage with who you actually are

Obviously anyone can do whatever they want to do, but aren't most people intesterested in growth on some level?
Don't we watch documentaries and read books to understand the world and ourselves better?
Don't we see some meal we've never made before and want to make it?

Beyond that most people nurture some desire to do something a little outside of themselves - write a story, sing in public, make jewelry, walk the camino, build furniture, make great pastries, whatever it is or may be.
It can be enormously rewarding to make those things happen for yourself. And encouraging for others.
Beyond even that aren't we trying to be better offspings, spouses, friends, teammates, whatevers. Isn't the human condition to strive for better?

But yeah, we can all live the exact same day over and over, engage with the person we already are and do nothing new. Be the same person til they lower us into the ground. If that's what we want.
Sure.

I was just reacting to someone I like and respect having his life utterly blown apart and trying to take a lesson from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back