Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
That doesn't actually sound well balanced to me.
250g cooked or uncooked oatmeal? Uncooked would be like 5 servings of oatmeal.
It's a lot of sugar, sugar
uncooked.
what do you think is wrong?
i would add a few grapes or nuts if I could buy them in small amounts.

Deadman:
are you serious about the sugar thing??
there was almost no other sugar content in anything else I listed.

I am 1.82 metres tall that's about 1 cm off 6 foot.
I am on anti psychotics and have gone over my diet with my doctor.

uncooked.

Deadman:

I don't mean it as a criticism at all
It's just a lot of oatmeal - and carbs are sugar
Fruit is sugar
If your doctor is happy, pay no mind to randomers online
I try and balance between carbs and protein, and limit the animal fat - cos that's what I need
You have different needs
But carbs are sugar

I don't mean it as a criticism at all
It's just a lot of oatmeal - and carbs are sugar
Fruit is sugar
If your doctor is happy, pay no mind to randomers online
I try and balance between carbs and protein, and limit the animal fat - cos that's what I need
You have different needs
But carbs are sugar
it's about 12g of sugar per 100g of oatmeal. So 30g of sugar is feck all really.
look how much veg. I ate!

what do you eat for breakfeast?

it's about 12g of sugar per 100g of oatmeal. So 30g of sugar is feck all really.
look how much veg. I ate!

what do you eat for breakfeast?
About 65g of steel cut/pinhead oats with oat milk and peanut butter and a drop of maple syrup

You are doing fine
Just a half pound of oatmeal per day sounded a lot to me
But you are doing fine

About 65g of steel cut/pinhead oats with oat milk and peanut butter and a drop of maple syrup

You are doing fine
Just a half pound of oatmeal per day sounded a lot to me
But you are doing fine
OK. I get ya. lack variation more so than it being bad. carbs are the only shit thing I eat a lot of.
I am not into flash food. I eat veg on its own because it detracts from my enjoyment of beans or whatever.
often I eat veg as part of my breakfast because 100 g of oatmeal isn't going to come close to filling me up.
I can't get fortified w/ calcium Rice Milk anymore so I gave up on it.
Hey I'd say there's some sugar in Peanut Butter and Maple syrup.

Me steadfastly not posting what I eat, even when I'm not trying to eat in a way that will end my life soon.
I have written down what I eat nearly everyday since 2018.
when I am doing things wrong it's there in writing.
it's only through measures like this that I have any hope of being healthy.

I'd eat a loaf of bread every day if wasn't terrible for me.

uncooked.

Deadman:

I'm no doctor but it seems high carb and low fat, which is not good for general health. As in, insulin regulation, vitamin absorption, satiation and energy levels . Are you vegan? The food themselves are not unhealthy but the quantities and omissions make it seem unbalanced to me.

It sounds like a very productive diet

f634f64b8933778960bc3d18ac7c480a.jpg

I've stopped cooking my porridge in the morning . i soak it overnight in oat milk after I load it up with with a prepared mixture of loads of types of seeds, crushed nuts, chopped dried fruit and loads of blueberries. Have half a glass of beetroot juice too. plus our latest monthly challenge is 100 sit ups a day.

Aside from my MS riddled eyes and left leg I'm feeling pretty damn good these days. The diet must be a factor there.

January's challenge was no coffee and I've kept that up too, I think it helps.

Earlier this year I was at a nutrition talk organised by MS Ireland, very helpful.

I'm no doctor but it seems high carb and low fat, which is not good for general health. As in, insulin regulation, vitamin absorption, satiation and energy levels . Are you vegan? The food themselves are not unhealthy but the quantities and omissions make it seem unbalanced to me.
What do you specifically think I need to eat out of interest?
Yeah I am a vegan since 1993
Edited

I've stopped cooking my porridge in the morning . i soak it overnight in oat milk after I load it up with with a prepared mixture of loads of types of seeds, crushed nuts, chopped dried fruit and loads of blueberries. Have half a glass of beetroot juice too. plus our latest monthly challenge is 100 sit ups a day.

Aside from my MS riddled eyes and left leg I'm feeling pretty damn good these days. The diet must be a factor there.

January's challenge was no coffee and I've kept that up too, I think it helps.

Earlier this year I was at a nutrition talk organised by MS Ireland, very helpful.
I don't bother cooking it either. Oats, milk, yogurt if there is any going and some whey powder. The oats soak up the milk pretty quickly.

Much nicer cold I find. Plus hot porridge and yogurt is puke.

@nuke terrorist - just a comment on your food intake from above.

Flahavan's organic jumbo oats are 11% protein (according to the packet in my kitchen) so your 250g of gives you 27.g of protein

Protein content of canned chickpeas varies a lot - in my kitchen there's a can from Tesco that's 6.7% protein, and a Bunalun organic can that's 4.3%, so your 370g chickpeas gives you between approx 16 and 25g of protein

Veg contains almost no protein, so you're getting a max of 50-ish grams of protein a day

I think you're at least in your mid-40s - medical recommendation for protein intake for people of middle age and beyond is at least 1g per kilo of bodyweight per day. I think you said you were around 12 stone which is ~76 kilos, so you're only getting between half and two-thirds of what you need, and ought to consider getting more protein into you somehow

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back