Your Health Is Your Wealth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 65K
  • Watchers 9
I live near a golf club and went there once for a pint and was stared at like i'd shat on the bar. It was a charity night and i thought going then and buying their stupid raffle tickets would be a way to i dunno, have a conversation or something.

You may as well have just shat on the bar then, no better opportunity.

I worked at Gleneagles once after the Masters. It took a couple of days before they let members back on the course. When they came I watched the people play (I believe it's £50,000/year membership). Good god they were awful. Every one of them. I mean truly awful. There was one dude with his two adult sons, meaning he's possibly paying £150k/year, and you'd think the clubs were made of rubber or something.

I'm awful too, but I'd be paying maybe £20 for four hours of hanging out with mates and getting some exercise.

have gone through a good few months of misery with my back. Nothing major at all thankfully but enough to inhibit my jogging routine etc. After an MRI recently it has shown a bulged disc once again (had one years ago)

Do any of you have online classes recommendations for Pilates/Yoga? It is what has been advised for me by my physio.

Also looking into sourcing in-person local ones but doing them in my own time via links sent on e.g. would be more suitable for now rather than turning up to a hall a specific night of a week

have gone through a good few months of misery with my back. Nothing major at all thankfully but enough to inhibit my jogging routine etc. After an MRI recently it has shown a bulged disc once again (had one years ago)

Do any of you have online classes recommendations for Pilates/Yoga? It is what has been advised for me by my physio.

Also looking into sourcing in-person local ones but doing them in my own time via links sent on e.g. would be more suitable for now rather than turning up to a hall a specific night of a week
There's Yoga With Adriene on Youtube that everyone raves about

Personally, I would think for something as serious as this - go to a few classes and have them monitor your form til you get it
It's easy to have bad posture and not see/realise it and tehrefore not get anything like the effect you want out of the activity

Again, I hate sounding like a cultist. But some of the DDP yoga success stories are mind blowing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Again, I hate sounding like a cultist. But some of the DDP yoga success stories are mind blowing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have you had any experience with it?

I asked a lady in our run group what stretches she was doing for her hammies
And she showed me
Very little effect

Then she adjust my bum and chin (chin!) and the hamstrings instantly felt better.
Turns out she's a yoga teacher, but unbelievable stuff tehy can do alright

Have you had any experience with it?

I asked a lady in our run group what stretches she was doing for her hammies
And she showed me
Very little effect

Then she adjust my bum and chin (chin!) and the hamstrings instantly felt better.
Turns out she's a yoga teacher, but unbelievable stuff tehy can do alright

Yeah I've been doing it for years, had some success in losing weight on it for a couple of years then when covid hit I got serious about my diet as well and dropped 62 lbs in about 6 months. I've never been more flexible then I am in my 40;s. I've definitely got issues in my lower back and left hamstring but it help keep them as good as possible.

Yeah I've been doing it for years, had some success in losing weight on it for a couple of years then when covid hit I got serious about my diet as well and dropped 62 lbs in about 6 months. I've never been more flexible then I am in my 40;s. I've definitely got issues in my lower back and left hamstring but it help keep them as good as possible.
I neglect it

Doing tons of other fitness stuff - but this is an area I need to address
i'm tight as a drum in lots of areas

Similar on the weight
Dropped about 50 since 2016 (I don't mess with kgs or that)
I'm just under 6'4"

Basically on a sine wave of 193 to 197 now

1693255554065.png

I neglect it

Doing tons of other fitness stuff - but this is an area I need to address
i'm tight as a drum in lots of areas

Similar on the weight
Dropped about 50 since 2016 (I don't mess with kgs or that)
I'm just under 6'4"

Basically on a sine wave of 193 to 197 now

View attachment 17536

Even doing a proper warm up and warm down can be helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back