Your Health Is Your Wealth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 65K
  • Watchers 9
Dunno if I said it here on in real life. But it was one of those TikTok bodybuilders influencers who started me off on this kick. After a stressful June in work and eating terribly, I saw a video of him recommending salads for lunch instead of Tesco meal deals. Get loads of salad to fill you up without the calories, and dose it in hot sauce to bam it up a notch. Working for me so far.

Dunno if I said it here on in real life. But it was one of those TikTok bodybuilders influencers who started me off on this kick. After a stressful June in work and eating terribly, I saw a video of him recommending salads for lunch instead of Tesco meal deals. Get loads of salad to fill you up without the calories, and dose it in hot sauce to bam it up a notch. Working for me so far.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I doubt I was ever capable of benching 45kg, fair play etc.

I once had a mad Polish friend who was ranting about Tesco meal deals, "Every day seanc we must eat these fucking triangles!". Hilarious, but hard to disagree.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I doubt I was ever capable of benching 45kg, fair play etc.

I once had a mad Polish friend who was ranting about Tesco meal deals, "Every day seanc we must eat these fucking triangles!". Hilarious, but hard to disagree.

You would be throwing the weights about with your job. BAM.

aul @ann post too from chopping logs and building huts n shit. Men's men.

You would be throwing the weights about with your job. BAM.

aul @ann post too from chopping logs and building huts n shit. Men's men.

Hey don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for you, very much. When I went back to work recently I tried to pick up a 12.5kg thing up and nearly pulled my face into the floor. It was humiliating tbh.

I've been put off using bench as a metric because dickheads I have worked with.

I don't know what to make this at all. Are there really able bodied working people who never get to 5000 steps in a day?
Then I thought I was doing something wrong by doing at least 20000/day, but read the thing and it eventually says that's also good.

It seems to I dunno, flatter to deceive or something. Surely people already know sedentary lifestyles are not great for health, and something is better than nothing. Don't they??

Are there really able bodied working people who never get to 5000 steps in a day?

It seems to I dunno, flatter to deceive or something. Surely people already know sedentary lifestyles are not great for health, and something is better than nothing. Don't they??

Yeah a lot of people - Those walking at work office challenges brought them into the light. I be sorta horrified sometimes by it.

According to my watch I’ve done 3,917 steps so far today. That’s actually more than I thought….

I guess 10000 steps can seem unachievable if you're not used to it, and this news is to nudge people in the right direction.

Still, baffling to me, even considering when I worked in an office.

If I'm working from home and I don't walk the dogs I'd probly only do a couple of hundred steps in a day, if even.

I'm averaging about 3500 per day according to my phone, which is not as reliable as a watch. Although I'm only at 1500 or so this last few days. Still, I have a gammy leg. LEAVE ME ALONE.

Steps are all fine and good
Just keep moving any way you can

Best of all, find something you like that you can get kind of good at. Anything.
Tennis, biking, running, swimming, hurdles, weightlifting, whatever works.
And don't let anything get in your way of getting better at it. Grab it by both hands and make your world bigger.
Half measures avail us nothing.

Just not golf. Please, no golf.

Steps are all fine and good
Just keep moving any way you can

Best of all, find something you like that you can get kind of good at. Anything.
Tennis, biking, running, swimming, hurdles. And don't let anything get in your way of getting better at it.

Just not golf.

I've been invited to golf, and I'm actually keen. There's spare clubs knocking around. What's making me reluctant, because I've only ever done driving range & P&P, deconstructed golf. Never did a full actual 18 holes. Four hours they reckon. And for all my many-steps-a-day, that's long.
Also golf is wildly frustrating.
Also the spare clubs belonged to a friend who is dead. I'd be filling his spot in the golf gang. Big shoes to fill etc.

I've been invited to golf, and I'm actually keen. There's spare clubs knocking around. What's making me reluctant, because I've only ever done driving range & P&P, deconstructed golf. Never did a full actual 18 holes. Four hours they reckon. And for all my many-steps-a-day, that's long.
Also golf is wildly frustrating.
Also the spare clubs belonged to a friend who is dead. I'd be filling his spot in the golf gang. Big shoes to fill etc.
I've always felt that it is for cunts

And a waste of time - compared to just going for a hike somewhere nature hasn't been destroyed

But that's me and my own stuff

I've always felt that it is for cunts

And a waste of time - compared to just going for a hike somewhere nature hasn't been destroyed

But that's me and my own stuff

Depends what you're doing it for. If you're a Charlie Haughey/Donald Trump type, then yeah absolutely.

But growing up I never knew golf to be as posh as it is in other parts of the world.

It is real (though not very exciting) exercise and takes a huge amount of concentration and patience etc etc.

I live near a golf club and went there once for a pint and was stared at like i'd shat on the bar. It was a charity night and i thought going then and buying their stupid raffle tickets would be a way to i dunno, have a conversation or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back