Your Health Is Your Wealth (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 65K
  • Watchers 9
Had my first gym session in about 25-30 years. The guy showed me how to use some machines and left me to it. As expected the music is the worst aspect of it- almost sure it's the same CD as when I last visited a gym. I took it easy and didnt push it. I was feeling ok until I went to take a shower. The previous occupant has some sort of bowel disorder. The stench was overwhelming. I was actually retching and dry heaving. It was so bad I actually looked around to see if they'd had a shit on the floor. I even inpected the shower drain to see if they'd tried to mash a jobby down there. I should have left but I'd commited to having a wash .
I got home and had to go straight to bed feeling nauseous. I still feel like I've been sick. Shaky, stomach upset dry eyes etc.

Not the greatest start on my road to becoming a gym brah.
Sorry about the shower

What is it that you're looking to get out of the gym membership and workouts?

Do you have something you're trying to achieve? A target for yourself?

Sorry about the shower

What is it that you're looking to get out of the gym membership and workouts?

Do you have something you're trying to achieve? A target for yourself?
In no particular order;

Odour-free shower room
Prolonged life
Weight loss

Had my first gym session in about 25-30 years. The guy showed me how to use some machines and left me to it. As expected the music is the worst aspect of it- almost sure it's the same CD as when I last visited a gym. I took it easy and didnt push it. I was feeling ok until I went to take a shower. The previous occupant has some sort of bowel disorder. The stench was overwhelming. I was actually retching and dry heaving. It was so bad I actually looked around to see if they'd had a shit on the floor. I even inpected the shower drain to see if they'd tried to mash a jobby down there. I should have left but I'd commited to having a wash .
I got home and had to go straight to bed feeling nauseous. I still feel like I've been sick. Shaky, stomach upset dry eyes etc.

Not the greatest start on my road to becoming a gym brah.
Chuffed to bits that I read this while eating my dinner.

i have the pox. or the lurgy. tested negative for covid though. bad headache last night, woke up at one point stuck to the sheets. and my lungs appear to be producing something like wallpaper paste.

When you gotta go

1687008531091.png
Hopefully

I had sympathy for him until the last couple of paragraphs.

A work colleague was once caught urinating in a supermarket carpark by a litter warden. He explained that he was diabetic, never would have made it to the toilet etc., nothing doing, £150 fine.

The next day he was telling us what happened when someone comes up to take everyones breakfast order:
"I'll have a number 2 breakfast please"
"Number 2, that's not your usual order"
then I pipe up with "Well yesterday he had a number 1 and it cost him 150 quid!"

In that moment, I was the Worlds Funniest Person.

Here, did you ever get diarrhea that's so violent and traveling at such a pace through your body that it still has that distinctive vommity smell of bile and acid from your stomach?

The last time that happened to me I ended up in hospital, but I do remember how the shite started to change in smell as my body stepped up it's purging campaign.

Keep an eye out for that anyway.

AWWW BEATEN TO IT

Still sticking with the gym
Yesterday I was on this thing thinking this is pretty easy, before I remember I wasn't supposed to be using my legs to lift, just my arms. Right about the point I realised this young fella who obviously wanted to use it and was frustrated with Grandpa using it wrong asked me how many more "reps" I had left. Reps? Fucked if I know. I just said, " a few. Give me another minute". But at that point, he was welcome to it.

Off to google what reps and sets are

Still sticking with the gym
Yesterday I was on this thing thinking this is pretty easy, before I remember I wasn't supposed to be using my legs to lift, just my arms. Right about the point I realised this young fella who obviously wanted to use it and was frustrated with Grandpa using it wrong asked me how many more "reps" I had left. Reps? Fucked if I know. I just said, " a few. Give me another minute". But at that point, he was welcome to it.

Off to google what reps and sets are

Just say 'only 200 more' next time.

I bought some resistance bands last year but I think they put my neck and shoulder out so I'm a bit wary of them. I've also been keeping some dumbbells under the bed and I've started a bit of swimming again, it's about the only exercise I don't actively hate, but the swimming pool is not particularly convenient so I only go twice a week. I think I'm covered with all of that.

There’s a gym in work but you’ve to sign up for a fitness class when you start going, and I can’t face that. Small talk always gets a bit weird after a while and I don’t fancy that with a load of sweating work people around me.
All I want is a rowing machine and to be left alone.

cast is off, splint is on. The four different orthopedic doctors I've met all seem to have given a lot of thought to this particular break. Mainly because I left it so long before getting it seen to. I'm famous in bone doctor world. It is deformed, and there is a chance they might re-break it. All this chitter chatter from the bone doctors does make me feel like a guinea pig though.

Personally it feels like it's close to full strength really. And I can wash!!

They used a medical version of one these to get the cast off:
Amazon product ASIN B00HER8E5A
I didn't flinch. Shut up, you flinched!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back