Your Health Is Your Wealth (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
have fallen into habit of walking between 8:30 am and 11:30 am but when I get home I feel really tired for rest of the day and often fall asleep in the afternoon.
today I did 8 miles - not an unusual distance for me since early 2010s.
but a combination of the 20 degrees plus heat, waking up about 6 am and not getting enough sleep means the walking ain't doing me much good.
EDIT:
apparently going to rain for first time in well over a month tomorrow.
good - I could do with a rest.

have fallen into habit of walking between 8:30 am and 11:30 am but when I get home I feel really tired for rest of the day and often fall asleep in the afternoon.
today I did 8 miles - not an unusual distance for me since early 2010s.
but a combination of the 20 degrees plus heat, waking up about 6 am and not getting enough sleep means the walking ain't doing me much good.
EDIT:
apparently going to rain for first time in well over a month tomorrow.
good - I could do with a rest.
This is a good habit (the walking)

If you are getting up at 6am - are you covering yourself with enough sleep?
If that was me, I'd be in bed at 9, with no screens. Screens are sleep kryptonite. And sleep is the foundation of EVERYTHING.

A big thing with me - even if it's only slightly warm - is hydration. I have to replace the water and electrolytes I'm losing.

3 hours of walking is freaking great tho

Last edited:
This is a good habit (the walking)

If you are getting up at 6am - are you covering yourself with enough sleep?
If that was me, I'd be in bed at 9, with no screens. Screens are sleep kryptonite. And sleep is the foundation of EVERYTHING.

A big thing with me - even if it's only slightly warm - is hydration. I have to replace the water and electrolytes I'm losing.

3 hours of walking is freaking great tho
well, I often walk this kind of distance - done over 550 miles in nearly a hundred walks this year, have done 1600 miles in a year before and did 190 miles in January 2019 (my record, it was a really dry month!).

but I keep waking up early - not my choice. usually 6 1/2 hours sleep is enough for me and I rarely sleep longer than 7 - again this is just how it happens.
it was 24 degrees here the last two afternoons so maybe the heat would make me feel sleepy regardless of any exercise. also some days it was 23 here and only 17 in Dublin.
I lost a stone in last month (85% result of eating better) but today I was too tired to get it right.
drink lots of water even today though.

well, I often walk this kind of distance - done over 550 miles in nearly a hundred walks this year, have done 1600 miles in a year before and did 190 miles in January 2019 (my record, it was a really dry month!).

but I keep waking up early - not my choice. usually 6 1/2 hours sleep is enough for me and I rarely sleep longer than 7 - again this is just how it happens.
it was 24 degrees here the last two afternoons so maybe the heat would make me feel sleepy regardless of any exercise. also some days it was 23 here and only 17 in Dublin.
I lost a stone in last month (85% result of eating better) but today I was too tired to get it right.
drink lots of water even today though.
That's fantastic

Ever consider doing the camino or something similar?
It's relatively affordable

nah... I hate traveling ...and heat!
I have spoken to folks who did the Compostela one and it sounds fun but I won't be doing it.
They get winter there!

there's also the wainwright coast-to-coast
just a bus and a ferry away

But each to their own and all

and a bad cut on a finger for the other
fucking hell

is any of this down to lax care?
Like overstretched or lax medical staff missing signs they should catch

Really sorry to hear this about your family. it's godawful
Life is hard enough as it is

fucking hell

is any of this down to lax care?
Like overstretched or lax medical staff missing signs they should catch

Really sorry to hear this about your family. it's godawful
Life is hard enough as it is
No, one of them has just had really bad health for years and it’s put pressure on different organ systems. The other works on sites and I think the cut was just unfortunate.

In the context of the above, the fortune cookie I got yesterday was a bit of a dire prediction:
6D69F5BA-79B5-420A-84BD-CB933AFAD20D.jpeg

I signed up for a gym membership. I hate it already
Had my first gym session in about 25-30 years. The guy showed me how to use some machines and left me to it. As expected the music is the worst aspect of it- almost sure it's the same CD as when I last visited a gym. I took it easy and didnt push it. I was feeling ok until I went to take a shower. The previous occupant has some sort of bowel disorder. The stench was overwhelming. I was actually retching and dry heaving. It was so bad I actually looked around to see if they'd had a shit on the floor. I even inpected the shower drain to see if they'd tried to mash a jobby down there. I should have left but I'd commited to having a wash .
I got home and had to go straight to bed feeling nauseous. I still feel like I've been sick. Shaky, stomach upset dry eyes etc.

Not the greatest start on my road to becoming a gym brah.

Had my first gym session in about 25-30 years. The guy showed me how to use some machines and left me to it. As expected the music is the worst aspect of it- almost sure it's the same CD as when I last visited a gym. I took it easy and didnt push it. I was feeling ok until I went to take a shower. The previous occupant has some sort of bowel disorder. The stench was overwhelming. I was actually retching and dry heaving. It was so bad I actually looked around to see if they'd had a shit on the floor. I even inpected the shower drain to see if they'd tried to mash a jobby down there. I should have left but I'd commited to having a wash .
I got home and had to go straight to bed feeling nauseous. I still feel like I've been sick. Shaky, stomach upset dry eyes etc.

Not the greatest start on my road to becoming a gym brah.
does the name of the gym rhyme with 'Sly Shit' ?

They say that five minutes of breathing in really shitty air is equivalent to one lick of an improperly cleaned bum hole.
Assuming you had an average length shower of 7 minutes that's equivalent to 1.5 licks.
It certainly felt like that

It certainly felt like that
Here, did you ever get diarrhea that's so violent and traveling at such a pace through your body that it still has that distinctive vommity smell of bile and acid from your stomach?

The last time that happened to me I ended up in hospital, but I do remember how the shite started to change in smell as my body stepped up it's purging campaign.

Keep an eye out for that anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back