Your Health Is Your Wealth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 64K
  • Watchers 9
I think something bit me
I suspect it's a case of "Strimmer's rash"

"Euphorbia is a very large and diverse genus of flowering plants, commonly called spurge, in the spurge family"

"Spurge", I like that.

Hogweed can give you a pretty bad rash.

I used to get a rash on my forearms from strimming buttercups until I switched to the scythe. I highly recommend a scythe @therealjohnny - it's harder physical work than the strimmer, but IMO quicker and less frustrating, and way easier to rake up after
I like the idea of a scythe

Jiggered with what I assume is sciatica. A couple of the missus' tramadols should help.

I like the idea of a scythe
scythes are great, once you get them working. For me it was total failure until it was ~razor sharp, mine didn't work properly at all until I ground a decent edge on it with a wetstone, and then ran just a normal kitchen steel over it. I carried the steel in my belt when I was using it, and ran the steel over the blade a couple of times an hour (whenever I was feeling tired basically) to keep everything working properly.

I'm not sure how standard this is, but it seemed to work for me. The steel kept the blade ok for ages. Once in a while I'd smack a pole or a bit of concrete or something burried, and it puts dings in the blade which I'd fix up with a peining hammer at the end of the day, or before I went out in the morning.

Still wear gloves, and give yourself a decent soap down after, there's loads of slightly irritating sap flying around even when you're just scything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back