youngs double chocolate stout. (1 Viewer)

Hector Grey

Contributor
Since 2000
fuck me............ it's dessert, in a beer.

anyone frequent redmonds in ranelagh? it is my mecca.

Been my favourite drink ever for many years now, and I think they've lately discreetly refined and improved the flavour.

years ago, we were in cleveland for a gig and given our choice of beer for the night, and found a bunch of *cans* of dbs in the fridge. was pretty aghast that such a thing could exist, but had a go anyway.

O>>>>M>>>>>G!!!!!!

incredible out of a can, so much more creamy. sadly, it seems the cans were just a trial line they did to get into the US and they dropped it. would kill to have it again.

just last weekend a new offie opened on my doorstep selling it, so pleased, especially when the manager was as excited as me about it's amazingness.

probably just as well redmonds is a hike for me.
last night i got this german beer that was smoked. rasherbrau or something. and some banana ale.

jesus, i love the beer.

jesus, i love the beer.

get on a boat...

Great British Beer Festival at Earls Court - 5-9 August 2008

There will be at least 450 beers available throughout the festival including golden ales, fruit beers, stouts, bitters and some international real lagers.

it's good, but I prefer the Rogue Chocolate Stout they had in the ranelagh offie. they've stopped stocking most american micro brewery beers now though.

I'll look out for it next time I'm in the drink store.

I used to just drink whatever lager was cheap, but the last few months I've turned into a bit of a beer snob.

I've turned into everything I used to hate.

Had a nice bottle of this in Shaftsbury on the weekend.

Surprised no women have posted on this thread. As a beer it really appeals to my oestrogens.

It's gorgeous, love Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. Right now I'm drinking St Peter's Cream Stout which also has a lovely chocolateyness.

It sounds gorgeous but is probably not veggie, alas.

Well, it's been talked about on this vegetarian blog.
http://veggie-delights.blogspot.com/2008/01/youngs-double-chocolate.html

And then it's also mentioned as an ingredient in this vegan chocolate stout cake.
http://amylmaxwell.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/chocolate-stout-cake/
Hmmm... might make this.

It doesn't appear to be vegan though:
http://www.postpunkkitchen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=63728

However... Rogue Chocolate Stout may be:
http://www.rogue.com/beers/chocolate-stout.php

anyone frequent redmonds in ranelagh? it is my mecca.
Whenever I can. Great place
Been my favourite drink ever for many years now, and I think they've lately discreetly refined and improved the flavour.

years ago, we were in cleveland for a gig and given our choice of beer for the night, and found a bunch of *cans* of dbs in the fridge. was pretty aghast that such a thing could exist, but had a go anyway.

O>>>>M>>>>>G!!!!!!

incredible out of a can, so much more creamy. sadly, it seems the cans were just a trial line they did to get into the US and they dropped it. would kill to have it again.

just last weekend a new offie opened on my doorstep selling it, so pleased, especially when the manager was as excited as me about it's amazingness.
Production has been moved to the Wells brewery a year a two ago which might explain the nicer taste. The cans were nitrogenated I think. Never tasted it out of a can though.

probably just as well redmonds is a hike for me.
last night i got this german beer that was smoked. rasherbrau or something. and some banana ale.

jesus, i love the beer.
Yeah, German smoked beers are great. Messr Maguires sometimes do a 7% smoked stout called Imperial. Really worth trying.
it's good, but I prefer the Rogue Chocolate Stout they had in the ranelagh offie. .
Me too. Cracking beer. Shame you can't get Rogue beers here anymore

Yeah, really worthwhile. Not as sweet or chocolately as the Cream Stout, but really tasty. A good bit weaker too (I think it's around 4.5%). Not sure which I prefer.

I love their bottles

It sounds gorgeous but is probably not veggie, alas.

seems it's ok.

Dear...

In response to your request about the suitability of the above product for vegatarians/vegans, to the best of our knowledge it is suitabe for both (no isinglass finings are used in its production, and the chocolate is also suitable).

Regards

Peter Stathers
Assistant Brewer Technical
The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the individual use of the entity named as the recipient.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to the sender. Your co-operation is appreciated.

Wells & Young's Brewing Company Ltd, Havelock Street, Bedford, MK40 4LU, United Kingdom.

Telephone +44(0)1234 272766

Registered In England No. 5720806

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back