You know you're getting old.... (1 Viewer)

DiezAlbumsFallOfBaghdad_a.jpg

Is historically incorrect though here is a 12-13 century depiction of the fall of Bagdad and a 15-16 Century Mughal painting. Entirely correct that the cartoon should be full of magic also.

800px-8_Abu%27l_Hasan._Celebrations_at_the_accession_of_Jahangir._Jahangirnama._St._Petersburg_Album._ca._1615-18%2C_Institute_of_Oriental_Studies%2C_St._Petersburg..jpg

HR puff n'stuff if I remember right was repeated on rte in the early 80s along with loads of other tv shows from the 60s & 70s. I didn't see it the first time around....so old....but not that old.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's a lot of lyrics in this...

That show used to freak me out

They're playing in Belfast in August outdoors with The Damned
Yeah I saw that! I sent my brother a link to it..see if he'd be into doing the train up for our two favourite bands. Be a great day out!!
He said he couldnt cope with the excitement ..i tried to convince him. I do know what he means but.. its a bummer we should never feel too old to rock

Yeah I saw that! I sent my brother a link to it..see if he'd be into doing the train up for our two favourite bands. Be a great day out!!
He said he couldnt cope with the excitement ..i tried to convince him. I do know what he means but.. its a bummer we should never feel too old to rock
I live well over 200 miles from Belfast so it's way too much hassle and expense for me. Damned haven't been in Dublin since 2016, I think.
I think The Captain was 70 recently??

I live well over 200 miles from Belfast so it's way too much hassle and expense for me. Damned haven't been in Dublin since 2016, I think.
I think The Captain was 70 recently??
If you want to go I'll go!

Rat Scabies is back in the band currently ..like if he's even half the drummer he was

If you want to go I'll go!

Rat Scabies is back in the band currently ..like if he's even half the drummer he was
If the Damned ever come to Dublin again I will be there. But I don't travel this distance for anything - I looked into it.
Tickets for Belfast w/SLF were £42.
On UK Tour they're £52 and £62 for Roundhouse. So maybe that's part of reason they don't come here.
Damned tour UK regularly and also seem to go to the US a lot (where they are currently touring) but not sure if they go elsewhere much else much?? Also one French festival coming up.
Yeah, Rat came back with Brian James for a tour a couple of years ago and Rat stayed.

Me and older housemate were out having a smoke. Young housemate bounds in and tells us that he's off to a D'n'B gig in Camden.
Apparently there's some good DJ's says the youngling. Do you guys know much Drum and Bass?
Oh yeah, who then? says older FM. I have to shush his chuckling.
Youngling says "I don't know, let me check.....Emmm it's Roni Size and DJ Storm?".

Me and OFM both started laughing. Yes, we are somewhat aware of the works of Roni Size within the milieu of that genre young man. Blank stare from the kid.

I said "Step to the rhythm". Blanker stare.
I'd go along, but I am old, and I have work in the morning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Javier Milei uploaded an AI image of himself as the Terminator beating up retired pensioners.The caption reads "I'm the terminator, I come from the future, and in the future pensioners are no longer a burden on the state."

1718049706319.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back