You know you're getting old.... (2 Viewers)

I just produce shitloads of earwax, if I don't get it done my ears fill right up with it and I can't hear properly
By any chance do you use a cotton bud to clean your ears? If you don’t, great. If you do, they can impact the wax or even leave behind cotton fibres which can be caught in the wax and can clog up the ear. I noticed a massive difference when I stopped using them.

My ears are so fucked. 20 years ago, got musicians ear plugs, the audiologist had a look in and said "whoa...". I said I didn't want the details just stop it getting worse.
At most recent GP visit, he had a look in and went "whoa.... ear drums aren't usually that colour" !!!

But he said "you can hear me fine, so I'm not going *near* them"

By any chance do you use a cotton bud to clean your ears? If you don’t, great. If you do, they can impact the wax or even leave behind cotton fibres which can be caught in the wax and can clog up the ear. I noticed a massive difference when I stopped using them.
Nope, never have, even though I have been thinking recently maybe I ought to start trying to clean them out somehow, cos I can hear wax moving around in my ears only a few weeks after I get them cleaned

Nope, never have, even though I have been thinking recently maybe I ought to start trying to clean them out somehow, cos I can hear wax moving around in my ears only a few weeks after I get them cleaned
Use the round end of a hair pin to pull it out. Once you’re careful it won’t damage the ear and will be surprisingly effective at removing loose wax.

Update. I went the doc with a detailed timeline of symptoms. He sent me a&e to go to the Medical Assessment unit where apart from a lot of waiting around I had a load of tests done. The full MOT so to speak. Blood pressure, bloods etc all perfect. Finally a CT scan which revealed something they weren’t happy with so they wanted an MRI.
Here’s where it gets interesting. The quickest way to get an MRI is as a patient. The doc says “ so I’m going to admit you”. What the hell does that mean, total hospital noob here. Turns out the earliest available mri is Monday morning so it’s a hospital weekend for Anto.
They took some fluid out of my spine today that is going off to be tested.
Between the spline fluid and the MRI they will have all they need to answer all questions.
Stay tuned. Meanwhile I’m listening to Def Leppards first album in the ward.

Update. I went the doc with a detailed timeline of symptoms. He sent me a&e to go to the Medical Assessment unit where apart from a lot of waiting around I had a load of tests done. The full MOT so to speak. Blood pressure, bloods etc all perfect. Finally a CT scan which revealed something they weren’t happy with so they wanted an MRI.
Here’s where it gets interesting. The quickest way to get an MRI is as a patient. The doc says “ so I’m going to admit you”. What the hell does that mean, total hospital noob here. Turns out the earliest available mri is Monday morning so it’s a hospital weekend for Anto.
Between the spline fluid and the MRI they will have all they need to answer all questions.
Eeep, fingers crossed they just find a plectrum that randomly made it’s way in somewhere.

Shit, hope it turns out to be something benign and/or easily treatable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back