• Watchers 4
In no particular order:

Neil Young
Ray Davies
Pete Townsend
Prince
Jello Biafra

No-ones mentioned Bob Dylan yet?

my friend argues convincingly that dylan is not a good songwriter. his songs sound shite when other people play them. corny and clunky. but he's such a great performer that he could sing the theme from pigeon street and make it sound like a message from god. see?

his songs sound shite when other people play them. corny and clunky.

I would say. by and large other people perform his songs better than he does. Hendrix, and especially The Byrds got Dylan's songs and took time to arrange and produce them into something special.

can i suggest we dont turn this thread into a pro and con of dylan fest?

Its too hot to sit outside.Bob Dylans ok.

Dolly Partons superb but I think her songwriting can sometimes be overshadowed by her knockers.Man,they're ginormous.

I heard some Nick Cave tunes from his first band I think.Can't remember the name,must google it.Real garagey shit.I loved it.

The women seem to fucking love him and all.Jammy get.

I can't find it on his wikepedia.Could they have been called The Boyfriends?Any N.C. expert like to illuminate me.They had a four track ep I think.

Found them,The Boys Next Door.Before they were the Birthday Party.Far better imo.

in no order because i'm sleepy,

morrissey/marr
jonathan richman
steven malkmus
mark e smith
leonard cohen.

Fuck. Ing. Right. :cool::cool::cool:

I'm with you there.even threw the lad a bit of rep.Proper order.I will always have the height of respekt for Johnson though.Couldn't have been easy stepping up to the plate of that particular gig.Result-Back in Black.Wow.

i'd be tempted to say something about the house writers like king/holland/dozier etc being barely songwriters. they were essentially more into demographics most of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back