Yoga in or around Rathmines/Ranelagh (1 Viewer)

Oh Cormcolash, you CARD!

Some people here have serious issues with Yoga. Christ! I did yoga once but because of my bandy arm I ended up injuring myself twice (not badly, mind) and I had to leave. I LOVED pilates though. Anyone have any info on where they do pilates classes in the city centre?

No essays on why pilates is shit, thanks.

Oh Cormcolash, you CARD!

Some people here have serious issues with Yoga. Christ! I did yoga once but because of my bandy arm I ended up injuring myself twice (not badly, mind) and I had to leave. I LOVED pilates though. Anyone have any info on where they do pilates classes in the city centre?

Maybe you just need to try it with someone else, I can give you a lesson for free if you like

Oh Cormcolash, you CARD!

A friend of mine teaches yoga and pilates in a few different places, but I think mostly in Portobello?

I went to a class that was at Melt, and was great, but it was a good few years ago. Pilates I can handle because it's more active and no one is barking at me to relax while warning me not to do the moves wrong or I won't get any benefit.

I would go to more yoga if the centres didn't greedily pack the rooms to the point where you don't even have the room to put a mat on the floor.

It's not yoga I have a problem with, it's the yoga industry and the people who use alleged 'centredness' to excuse their rudeness. I also found the instructors I've had in yoga to be patronising and the centres where they are held are too greedy to acknowledge that all rooms have a limit to how many people can comfortably do yoga in them.

It's like dealing with the same entitled arsehole behaviour you get in a shopping mall parking lot at Christmas. People take on the personalities of the Land Rovers they all drive.

If anyone knows of a yoga place that isn't run by assholes masquerading as 'centred', I'd love to hear about it. I have not found one.

Pilates is fine because there's no onus on you to relax or be humiliated by some instructor who barks at you to relax more. If the same lady is still teaching at Melt, I recommend her. I think she used to be/still is a dancer, so she's just incredibly knowledgable and really helpful and you do get a great workout out of it.

I've been doing yoga now for a year and a half and found it has benefitted me enormously physically. I'm a really stressed person and it hasn't changed that aspect of my personality and to be honest I've never expected it to. But I had a shite back and knees which I was always putting out and spending a fortune going to physio and the doctor with and since yoga I've had very few problems.

The classes I attended are small...maximum 10 people I think and my teacher is a chartered physio who explains the medical benefits of each position and also the dangers caused by doing it incorrectly so you can't actually fuck yourself up...but it's on the northside so no help to you Rosin

If you're still looking, there's a big sign outside St. Mary's saying "Yoga Classes Here". I think there might be yoga classes there.

i did a few tai chi classes in rathmines, was pretty good, perfect for a lazy shite like myself.

Tai Chi makes me irrationally annoyed for some reason.

WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE!!!111

EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT YOU STANDING THERE THINKING YOU'RE MAAAAAD

I pretend not to notice them, "oh sorry, what? Miles away. Tai Chi people? Where, oh yes! I see them now, I've heard its very good."

In reality my eyelid is twitching Tyler Durden style and I'm thinking about setting shit on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back