Yo La Tengo - Vicar Street, 23rd March 2013 (1 Viewer)

So anybody know anything more on this? The only thing I can see is this which doesn't say a lot at all:
http://vicarstreet.ie/component/eventlist/details/9549-yo-la-tengo-live-at-vicar-street.html

Word is that they are looking to reschedule but this appears to have been the last date on the euro leg of the tour with more gigs stateside in april. Surprised that alternative arrangements couldn't have been made. Weather really wasn't that bad Saturday. No word at all on a refund. Very poor form from all involved.

Weather really wasn't that bad Saturday. No word at all on a refund. Very poor form from all involved.

Seas were rough though, friend of mine was supposed to come home no a boat yesterday morning but his sailing was delayed by 12 hours.

Condo Fucks are booked for Primavera in May so perhaps a reschedulled date could happen around then. Don't imagine they'll say anything about refunds until they know when/if the new date is.

went to the midlake lads' gig when this was cancelled. They travelled over from the UK on saturday and said it was a fairly hairy trip (involving 1 car crash, a couple of near misses, lost luggage). They ended up playing with a combination of their own, and some borrowed, gear.

They still made it though.

So anybody know anything more on this? The only thing I can see is this which doesn't say a lot at all:
http://vicarstreet.ie/component/eventlist/details/9549-yo-la-tengo-live-at-vicar-street.html

Word is that they are looking to reschedule but this appears to have been the last date on the euro leg of the tour with more gigs stateside in april. Surprised that alternative arrangements couldn't have been made. Weather really wasn't that bad Saturday. No word at all on a refund. Very poor form from all involved.

I'm sure the decision to cancel the gig wasn't up toeither the band or the promoters. And if it was, I'm sure it wasn't a desicion made lightly. Sucks that they cancelled but they seem like the kind of band who will do their best to make up for it.

Yeah maybe letting my disappointment get the better of me really. I just heard they were due to sail Friday and figured something may have been organised Saturday. Even if they had to fly and borrow some gear. But maybe it was looked into and just not viable.

It does piss me off though. Ireland misses out on quite a few gigs as it is because of our location; plenty of international acts just don't bother. And when they do it's generally the last leg of a long tour and the one most likely to be skipped for whatever reason. Rocket from the Crypt is fresh in my head but there are plenty of other, more pertinent examples.

It does piss me off though. Ireland misses out on quite a few gigs as it is because of our location; plenty of international acts just don't bother. And when they do it's generally the last leg of a long tour and the one most likely to be skipped for whatever reason. Rocket from the Crypt is fresh in my head but there are plenty of other, more pertinent examples.

agreed. We're an after-thought for a lot of bands. But being an after-thought beats not being thought about at all.

I'm off to bump a thread

hermie;
agreed. We're an after-thought for a lot of bands. But being an after-thought beats not being thought about at all.

I'm off to bump a thread

I don't know lads - I can't keep up with all the gigs these days. Everyone seems to play here now. You should have seen the early 90s. Ghost town.

hermie;

I don't know lads - I can't keep up with all the gigs these days. Everyone seems to play here now. You should have seen the early 90s. Ghost town.

Agree it used to be worse. But bands need tours for revenue now way more than ever and it still feels like we're the poor relations here. Frequently see bands I love go all around mainland Europe and UK and just not bother coming here or cancel last minute. I dunno perhaps we are a bit of a bitch logistically.

Anyone any idea is this going to be rescheduled? I got a text off ticketmaster on Saturday saying new date would be announced on Monday but I've yet to see anything.

Agree it used to be worse. But bands need tours for revenue now way more than ever and it still feels like we're the poor relations here. Frequently see bands I love go all around mainland Europe and UK and just not bother coming here or cancel last minute. I dunno perhaps we are a bit of a bitch logistically.

I'd say the Irish Sea + population density here make us less of a spicy meatball for international touring acts, especially of a certain size. Ireland has 5 major cities, or 3 by international standards, and they're a fair enough hike from each other, again by standards of England on much of the continent. 150 miles from Dublin to Cork or 120 from Dublin to Galway while London to Birmingham (two much, much bigger cities) is only 100 miles, then Manchester/Liverpool etc are only another 60 or 70 miles up the road. Not to mention that England must have dozens of Galway/Limerick sized towns around the place.

I'd say the Irish Sea + population density here make us less of a spicy meatball for international touring acts, especially of a certain size. Ireland has 5 major cities, or 3 by international standards, and they're a fair enough hike from each other, again by standards of England on much of the continent. 150 miles from Dublin to Cork or 120 from Dublin to Galway while London to Birmingham (two much, much bigger cities) is only 100 miles, then Manchester/Liverpool etc are only another 60 or 70 miles up the road. Not to mention that England must have dozens of Galway/Limerick sized towns around the place.

Loads of bands came here during the celtic tiger because they were making a fucking fortune. Now the bubbles burst and it's back to the sad old 90s. It's all about the bottom line. If Iceland suddenly had money to burn then they'd be inundated with touring bands.

But there's still crazy money being asked for tickets despite the fact we're all on the bread line. If living standards have gone back to the '90s or whatnot how come ticket prices (and fucking everything else while we're at it?) haven't followed suit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back