XP help needed (1 Viewer)

Eddie Gorilla

Website
www.gorilla-nurse.cjb.net
here's me problem; right, i was in the library in ucd a few weeks ago, library was closing so i had to leave. as i was shutting off me laptop it said it had to install 5 updates and not to turn it off. i literally had to leave write that instant so i had to turn it off.

the next time i switched it on it let me sign as myself but brought up an error saying BROWSEUI.dll was missing, blah blah reinstall component blah blah. then it just went to my desktop background with no start menu/icons/anything.

i've already tried using the system and recovery discs, but when i was done with them the problem hadn't changed.

i can't find any other help online for it. i always got the xp startup disc and tried booting with that and safe mode with command prompt shit and all that jazz but so far; nuthin'.

any help would be much appreciated asap, cos i've essays due/overdue etc.

This happened to a mates PC before...

Go to this site http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?browseui
Download the .dll file and burn it to CD (unless your laptop has a floppy drive)
Follow the directions above to get into the command prompt and type:

copy d:\browseui.dll c:\windows\system32

Edit:
Now that I think about it you might be able to get into Firefox (if you have it installed) by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL after the error pops up, and click on File, Run, Browse and then find Firefox on your HD (should be something like Program Files, Mozilla Firefox, firefox.exe) and you should be able to download the browseui.dll file without having to burn anything.
After that, drag the file to the System32 folder.

Hope that helps!

This happened to a mates PC before...

Go to this site http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?browseui
Download the .dll file and burn it to CD (unless your laptop has a floppy drive)
Follow the directions above to get into the command prompt and type:

Edit:
Now that I think about it you might be able to get into Firefox (if you have it installed) by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL after the error pops up, and click on File, Run, Browse and then find Firefox on your HD (should be something like Program Files, Mozilla Firefox, firefox.exe) and you should be able to download the browseui.dll file without having to burn anything.
After that, drag the file to the System32 folder.

Hope that helps!
or try something similar for explorer.exe ?

I think the problem is that explorer.exe doesn't run when browseui.dll is corrupted, that's why he *should* be able to get into Firefox but not IE.

Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Doh... I left out this step in the original post...

Boot from your XP disc and go into the recovery console and THEN type

Otherwise you might be able to just press CTRL-ALT-DEL and click File, Run and type 'cmd'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back