XBox 360 (10 Viewers)

I really don't see why people lose they minds over halo. Granted i've only played halo 1, which was great for multiplayer, but the normal gameplay mode wasn't anything special. I'll have to get halo 2 to see what the fuss is about.

I really don't see why people lose they minds over halo. Granted i've only played halo 1, which was great for multiplayer, but the normal gameplay mode wasn't anything special. I'll have to get halo 2 to see what the fuss is about.
halo singleplayer is good. but the mulitplayer is the best thing to happen to gaming in the last 10 years. its the reason i bought an xbox.
granted im led to believe that the single campaign in halo 3 is going to be superb.
tomorrow night we're playing 4 vs 4 capture the flag on coagulation on a couple of big HD screens. one team in a room each. just like the old days.
no american kids wrecking our heads. . we used to play it and the games would be so close we'd play one game for hours.
i guess its just the type of game that you have to get really get in to.

halocat.jpg

halo 1 was great because it really perfected the fps on consoles plus it was a damn good game. Halo 2 was rushed because of microsoft so it wasnt finished. Still a good game but the multiplayer was amazing. the matchmaking system was really good. It was the only multiplayer that I continually played and would still be playing if i had broadband!

halo 1 was great because it really perfected the fps on consoles plus it was a damn good game. Halo 2 was rushed because of microsoft so it wasnt finished. Still a good game but the multiplayer was amazing. the matchmaking system was really good. It was the only multiplayer that I continually played and would still be playing if i had broadband!
im ashamed to admit id nearly play 2 hours of halo online a night. if not every second night.
dang.

I agree about the wifi, but the HD-DVD is a different matter. If they intergrate the HD-DVD, then some developers might start to release games on HD-DVD, leaving a two-tiered platform. Best left as an add-on if you ask me.

Quieter sounds deadly, and the sound upgrade from HDMI would be cool, but i can't see a need just yet for a larger hard drive unless you're downloading loads of movies. As for it being black - nothing a bottle of nailpolish can't fix. Might even have a go off mine actually....

What's the difference in picture between component leads and HDMI? I thought the only difference would be for HD sound?
AFAIK, the best you can get out of a component cable, on the 360 at least, is 1080i. Using HDMI, you can get 1080p. So the difference is twice the vertical resolution.

I could be talking out of my arse here though. Maybe you can get 1080i out of component. I haven't seen it though.

from what i hear its clearer, just like vga is clearer than component. The hdmi input on my tv is wasted

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back