XBox 360 (9 Viewers)

all the posters on avforums and boards seem to rave about them.
topvisionshop.de and techdireckt seem to be the most popular

i am liking the iishop.be who are insanely cheap for the one i want

what always concerns me when buying stuff like that on le web, is what happens when if it fucks up and how much hassle is it to get it replaced etc.

hmmmmmmmmmmm..

i think it depends on the manafacturer. someone like sony may not be very helpful and insist you deal with the retailer, but samsung appear to encourage you to deal directly with them when it comes to faults, so it doesn't matter so much where you buy it from

worth checking out the manafacturers terms before buying

i think it depends on the manafacturer. someone like sony may not be very helpful and insist you deal with the retailer, but samsung appear to encourage you to deal directly with them when it comes to faults, so it doesn't matter so much where you buy it from

worth checking out the manafacturers terms before buying
Word, my da splashed €1600 on the 32" samsung in curries before christmas. A month later it started giving trouble and curries refused to deal with him, told him all support must come from Samsung and not the retailer, so it don't really matter where you buy them. Poor fucker, could have got it so much cheaper online but he wanted to be able to take it to a shop if anything went wrong :eek:

Word, my da splashed €1600 on the 32" samsung in curries before christmas. A month later it started giving trouble and curries refused to deal with him, told him all support must come from Samsung and not the retailer, so it don't really matter where you buy them. Poor fucker, could have got it so much cheaper online but he wanted to be able to take it to a shop if anything went wrong :eek:
that's complete bollocks though - your contract is with the retailer, not the manufacturer. It's all in the Sale of Goods & Supply of Services act 1980, innit.

http://www.consumerassociation.ie/rights_retailers.html

I'm in the market for a bigger HD once my SSIA rolls into town.

To all those in HD land, does the type of telly you have in any way help to sort out tearing issues? I know it's usually down to vsync and stuff, but I've heard talk that things like refresh rate, LCD/Plasma and vga/component can have a bearing on it all.

Games like GRAW, Rainbow and Gears looks gorgeous, but tearing can spoil the experience.

I'm in the market for a bigger HD once my SSIA rolls into town.

To all those in HD land, does the type of telly you have in any way help to sort out tearing issues? I know it's usually down to vsync and stuff, but I've heard talk that things like refresh rate, LCD/Plasma and vga/component can have a bearing on it all.

Games like GRAW, Rainbow and Gears looks gorgeous, but tearing can spoil the experience.
What's tearing?

It's when this type of thing happens (see bottom part of image above the logo).

927950_122106_screen065.jpg

Rainbow 6 and Graw are rife with it in places. Ditto that Moto GP game that came out a while back. It's not always there in the game, but at certain points it can be really bad. It tends to be obvious when you spin around at a slowish speed or look down a crosshair and scan from side to side.

It's when this type of thing happens (see bottom part of image).

927950_122106_screen065.jpg

Rainbow 6 and Graw are rife with it in places. Ditto that Moto GP game that came out a while back. It's not always there in the game, but at certain points it can be really bad. It tends to be obvious when you spin around at a slowish speed or look down a crosshair and look about.

I've never got that. I think its down to the TVs response time.

See, that's the thing. I just can't get a straight answer on this whole issue. For me, the Vegas demo was PERFECT, not a glitch to be seen. But in the full game, the same level does have this issue.

If you google vsync or tearing and rainbow 6 or graw, you will get people complaining about things like "vsync was turned off to keep the framerate high", and that's what causes tearing. If you are not getting a single bit of tearing, I'll go out and buy the same tv as you! Do you use component leads or VGA?

Hmmmm. Interesting.

The only thing that stops me falling head over heels for the 360 is tearing. I've read it could be down the the tvs refresh rate, but others swear that it's down the the way the game is made. If you are really not getting any tearing then I know which TV I'm getting.

Samsung are the "official" 360 tvs aren't they?

fuck this. I'm buying that 32".

here Jahnnnny. don't people make sensible purchases with their SSIA? if you're gonna blow it on a TV, why don't we instead head to Vegas and blow it on attempting to become rich?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back