X Men III...... (2 Viewers)

oootini said:
havent heard anything positive about it. apparently theres a "this isnt the last youve heard of..." bit after the credits

Just a tiny one. The whole thing has a real feel of 'contractual obligation' about it.

I forgot about one element of this film before i went in. Vinnie Jones. There are no words for how shit he is.

I thought it was pretty poor too. It had the feel of a film that started as five hours long and was edited to fuck until eventually it was all crap. Why wasn't that Angel dude used more? And why didn't they let the little Leech boy stand beside Jean Grey so she couldn't use her powers? Very disappointing.

I actually really enjoyed this! It's maybe cos my expectations were so low - but the scene with Xavier and yer phoenix bird was brilliant I thought.

sure - there were a few gaping plotholes, but it's a movie about superpowered mutants for god's sake!

Very downbeat as well.. I'm all about the downbeat.

I'm always vaguely disappointed by X-Men films when I see them in the cinema. I thought this was OK though it felt like a series of set-pieces. I liked the dowbeat tone though.

Igor said:
Nuts, I was really looking forward to this. Damn you Singer for not seeing it through!

Apparently he offered to direct it when he was finished with Superman but the studio wanted to get the film out before then so gave it to Ratner.

I actually enjoyed it, sure Vinny Jones was shit and there was some very predictable moments and cheesy dialogue but seeing Wolverine and Beast kicking ass and the whole downbeat feel to it was really cool. The set pieces were pretty good to especially the golden gate part.

Sadly I saw it in the omniplex in Santry with a old of knacker kids talking through it all :mad: :mad:

Good point about putting the pre-cog kid beside jean grey to take her powers away.
Yeah found it quite boring alright and yeah the trailer for superman looks pretty boring also.
There was absolutley no need to have that sub pot love triangle between the x-teens and there was no need for that Rogue bird to be in the film at all.
The magnet lad is still the best by far. Fucking shit up and flying with his magnetic powers.

evil bandit said:
The set pieces were pretty good to especially the golden gate part.

The trailer makes the Golden Gate bit look like it is going to be some huge part of the movie. It's actually just Magneto lifting the bridge from point a to b in case they need to drive back from Alcatraz maybe.

Also, I'd say on a wages:screen-time ratio some of the characters are the highest paid actors in the world. The Cyclops guy was on screen for maybe 5 minutes in the entire film. Rogue for maybe 10 or 15.

It wasn't the worst film ever just very functional and had none of the good Bryan Singer stuff. Even if you hated the first two you'll see that this is even worse. By a long shot.

I couldn't get over the fact that Beast was Frasier. Everytime he spoke I expected Niles to answer.

I figured this was going to be shit..but my god was it shit.
Not even any good action bits.
What was with the golden gate bridge..why not take the boat?

MrT said:
What was with the golden gate bridge..why not take the boat?

Cos he's a supervillian for christsake, he's not gonna take the boat when he can cause all sorts of havoc

Poor.

Plot:

PROFESSOR WHOSIEWHATSIT: I have invented a [strike]MacGuffin[/strike] "cure" for mutantkind.... Something to do with DNA.... Whatever....It's going to be gas.

ALL: SHE'S A LEVEL 5!!! OH THE HUMANITY!!!

WOLVERINE: raises eyebrow

Poxy poxy film. Total let down, even from my low Ratner expectations. Fucking hack.

Worst part is that all the elements were there and were totally sodomised or ignored out of the equation.

Fucking arse fucking cunts.

Gorillas mot as scare now.

Halle Berry's soccer-mom hair had a starring role all of its own. I'm surprised she didn't turn up to all the fights in a huge 4x4 filled with unruly children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back