worst films of the decade (3 Viewers)

I liked Layer Cake. And I liked Sin City.

My worst films of the decade:
Away We Go (I can't stress how much I hated this film)
Cass
Gone in 60 Seconds (hilarious as it is)
That Will Ferrell Nascar one
The Boat that Rocked
Pathology (this might be the overall worst movie of the decade, despite gratuitous nudity aplenty)

whaaaaat? how so? might be the fact you saw the american one first?
no, saw the jap one first, and saw it again last week for the first time in ages and it just wasn't as good. it's a lot naffer. the ex husband is some kind of medium dealy. ho hum. the tv bit is still good, the tension is not built up the same way and there's some real cheese in it. anyway, what i will say is ring 2 (the american one) is pretty awful, although too forgettable to be a terrible movie.

sin city was ok, but utterly pointless, it's just moving pictures ... a visual representation of a visual medium. how bereft of imagination are we that we need comic book panels represented in tableaux, identical to the drawn page, on the screen...are we that lazy? same goes for watchmen. how easy would story-boarding that be?

juno was also manipulative muck, what was the big deal?

for me, american indie film this decade, because they have, after all, neatly bookended themselves in this ten year period, have been mostly shit, after being mostly the only reason to watch movies in the 90's. anything with phillip seymour hoffmann in it is guaranteed to be some kinda mumbly shit. what a broad, generalised statement that is, should fit in nicely.

another thing i don't like about movies in the last while is all the plaudits going to characiture and mimicry. how many oscars have gone to people playing real people in the last decade? almost all of them. and for what? for copying the way a person speaks and walks off an old film of them? dull. so, for my worst movies of the decade, ALL biopics. all of them. they're shite.

That Che Part 1 was horrendous tedium. Che walks around the jungle. Che scratches his hole. Che says something not terribly significant. Che walks around jungle. Che scratches hole.

The Mesrine films were great though, but other than that you're pretty much bang on.

I liked Layer Cake. And I liked Sin City.

My worst films of the decade:
Away We Go (I can't stress how much I hated this film)
Cass
Gone in 60 Seconds (hilarious as it is)
That Will Ferrell Nascar one
The Boat that Rocked
Pathology (this might be the overall worst movie of the decade, despite gratuitous nudity aplenty)

Also, all the movies by that Inniratu guy. Babel, 516 grams, etc. Awful, boring, cod-profound nonsense.

THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER
THE HANGOVER

Danny Dyer films cater for a certain audience. And they do it wonderfully. I haven't seen one I didn't like yet. :)

Anyway, THE worst film I've ever seen is PS I Love You.

Virtual rep to whoever said Babel (I'm pronouncing it Babble in a powerless attempt at revenge).
Pure, excruciating, 'worthy' bollocks.
'We're all connected' - Yeah, I get it.
Now, fuck off.

And I hated The Fountain.
It looked like the world's longest Guinness ad and felt like watching someone meditate for four days with a "Love Is Eternal" mantra.
Or being force-fed a mile of silk.
Or whatever.
Way to burst the bubble, Aronofsky.

That's the whole point of the Sin City comics- the dialogue, plots, characters are an homage to Dashiell Hammett, Raymond Chandler and the likes

If you watch The Maltese Falcon the dialog is ridiculous by today's standards but it's a great movie

so the point was to make a movie with ridiculous dialogue and a terrible storyline? well they acheived that so well done. They successfully made a shit movie, which was their intention.

and I didn't like it because it was a shit movie.

and if we're including movies we knew were going to be terrible then I choose the Holiday as the most godawful movie of the decade.

ps. the maltese falcon is deadly

LEAVE 300 ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Crocker1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back