George Lucas-the worst film-maker of all time? Discuss. (3 Viewers)

I was totally confused by episode 1

I was totally confused by episode 2

I think anyone who KNOWS what was going on has bought the bopok of the movie, that's what I reckon.

riddle me this: obi wan goes to Clone planet. Skinny hourglass people say "Hey what's up mister jedi, we got yer clone army right here" He goes "You wha....oh, er okay" They tell him "These are clones of your pal Django Fett. It was commissioned by some old jedi geezer". He goes "But he's dead! I'd like to meet this guy Django" He does, and Django's got a mini version of himself. Obi wan says "Were you commissioned to do this by jedi geezer X" Django: "Nivver heed off 'im (NZ accent), Oi was commissioned by geezer Y" Obi Wan goes off and tells the council, they say, hey we could use this as an army, so what does he do? he goes back and has a scrap with Django (who is the ONLY cool bad guy in the film).

Now, what the fuck is going on here?

yeah seriously all you folk what got the story... you read it all on the interent didn't you?

Sanky you've hit the nail on the head there...
ALSO bloke with dodgy english accent turns up, lanky aliens go

"we have you're army",

dodgy beardy blokes goes "huh, what you all on about, army?"

Aliens "you're clone army what is already paid for...blah blah"

beardy "um...ah yes...THAT clone army..ahem...grand so I'll take them now"

and the Aliens let him walk off with them!!! they don't even ask for a invoice or proof of ID or even get suspicious!!

stupid stupid aliens!!

but...light sabres...the force...whupass

what more do you want? a plot?? jeeeeezum crow

roight! - i never read any book or internet mumbo jumbo - i just watched closely the second time. i was really confussed after the first viewing.

N.B. - MORE SPOLER - DON'T READ IF YOU'VE NOT SEEN THE FILM.

the bit with obi wan on the cloner's planet?
well he rings back to jedi central where they tell him no jedi was authorised to commision a clone army and so go get jango for interrogation to find out who did order it.

who's the mystery jedi that ordered the army? the senator obviously got jedi x to order the army and then bumped him off for his troubles. jango's in on the whole deal so he pretends not to know anyfink.

any more questions?

Originally posted by hopper
but...light sabres...the force...whupass

what more do you want? a plot?? jeeeeezum crow

YES! We do want a plot! I find that all the best films have them. You make it sound like it is too much to ask for!

they called the mystery army invoicer jedi guy 'sifo dyas', who

SPOILER

may turn out to be Sidius. Leading to the interesting possible plot twist in ep III that Sidius and Palpatine are not the same person afterall (this is how Palpatine evades detection by the Jedi).

hmmmmm, bet you a tenner that's what happens. (and no I didn't read that off the interweb)

Originally posted by Trisky

YES! We do want a plot! I find that all the best films have them. You make it sound like it is too much to ask for!

well, there actually is a plot, and a fairly convoluted one judging by the amount of people posting here that couldn't figure it out.
it seemed a bit over complicated for an action film though

Lucas can be pretty crap, but I think the overall prize for the absolute worst director must go to that fucking cunt Baz Luhrmann. I hate him and I hope he gets testicular cancer, I hate him more than I hate Robbie Williams, Steven Spielberg, Lenny Kravitz or Madonna.

He is Scum and I hope he fucks off and dies very soon.

Attachments

• baz1.jpg
    baz1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 83

well, there actually is a plot, and a fairly convoluted one judging by the amount of people posting here that couldn't figure it out.
it seemed a bit over complicated for an action film though

damn you! i was looking all important and clever there...

yeah - there are loads of loose ends but, guess what? there's a sequel!
hopefully it'll all make sense after the next one.

SPOILER!!

surely palpatine=sidius - 'cos of the whole two dark lords thing. otherwise you have the emperor, sidius and dooku all running around together.

Look, your trying to compare a kids film that you saw as a kid with a kids film that you saw as an adult. Do you seriously expect it to have the same effect on you?? Bullshit!! It won't. I enjoyed the phantom menace and attack of the clones because I went in knowing that they are basically childrens films (which adults love) and took it for what it is. I mean if you went in and stroked your chin in expectation of a deep and moving saga, you deserve to have been pissed off!! I mean if the smurfs were to come back in a new series would you expect to be highly entertained. The new adventures of Scooby Doo..I mean that was so shite, the script is awful.. :)

Originally posted by conor

SPOILER!!

surely palpatine=sidius - 'cos of the whole two dark lords thing. otherwise you have the emperor, sidius and dooku all running around together.

sidius = emperor (from Return of the Jedi)

....but perhaps chancellor Palpatine isn't Sidius as such, I'm thinking the clue is in the title Attack of the Clones

just an opinion though, i will be proven woefully wrong as usual

Originally posted by Dan
Hopper..remember what I showed you last sunday with my hoody half pulled down over my face, or was you too drunk then?? Therein lies your answer.. ;)

jesus, you didn't whip it out or anything???

must.stay.off.beer.for.ever ;)

Conor,

I just want you to know I've put everything you said into a word doc to read when my head dosn't hurt.

I was emmensley confused. I mean dookuhead even said to the other pals of his "jaysus their clones are gonna whip our droids in a scrap"

was he being sneaky? even to his pals?

ah feck this.

who ownes the clones? , eh?,.... EH?!

Are they the republics? are they just doing a nixer for dooku?

Are they mine?!
what will I do with ten sqwillian clones??!

look

as long as we DONT hash this out tonight! That would be just too sad.

jesus, you didn't whip it out or anything???

must.stay.off.beer.for.ever ;)

No hopper, thats why I said face! Now if I had said do you remember when I pulled my head out and half covered it and you couldn't remember that, then I'd advice giving the beer a miss :D

Originally posted by Dan
Look, your trying to compare a kids film that you saw as a kid with a kids film that you saw as an adult. Do you seriously expect it to have the same effect on you?? Bullshit!! It won't. I enjoyed the phantom menace and attack of the clones because I went in knowing that they are basically childrens films (which adults love) and took it for what it is. I mean if you went in and stroked your chin in expectation of a deep and moving saga, you deserve to have been pissed off!! I mean if the smurfs were to come back in a new series would you expect to be highly entertained. The new adventures of Scooby Doo..I mean that was so shite, the script is awful.. :)

no I don't buy that.. I think people sticking up for Starwars are guilty of going "ah sure its great"...um what about all the holes in the plot and the SHIT ACTING!!!...."ah but its great... did you see the house form the first Star Wars movie, and his uncle and aunt and they were all young...ah that was great..."

you can't excuse its multitude of sins by saying "sure its only Starwars"

ok
ok

I tajke it back having read it 10 times

so

Evil sith guy gets a job on senate
Organises an army for them and an opportunity to use it
Also organizes full power for himself
Breaks a few jedi-eggs along the way

He also has this NZ all-black running around, whose son’s no better

Meanwhile young lad gets bitter about life and love – soon to be evil sith guy and go mental killing everyone

And poor old yoda is like “jaysus lads, that coming I didn’t see”

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back