George Lucas-the worst film-maker of all time? Discuss. (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by rumpus

as long as we DONT hash this out tonight! That would be just too sad.

well, everyone else is going to be talking about big brother, so star wars will do me fine. we're all sad nerdy nerds to begin with anyway, so fuck it!

Originally posted by Pantone247

no I don't buy that.. I think people sticking up for Starwars are guilty of going "ah sure its great"...um what about all the holes in the plot and the SHIT ACTING!!!...."ah but its great... did you see the house form the first Star Wars movie, and his uncle and aunt and they were all young...ah that was great..."

you can't excuse its multitude of sins by saying "sure its only Starwars"

I'll grant you the bad acting..

big geeky interent drinky fest

yep, that about sums it up.

but if our wives/friends ask its "just a get together of people we know for drinks...with some music"

At least I used those very words in a text today.

no

hopper's right,
we should embrace our geeky looserness and celebrate it.

We is what we is.

Except me, I'm not.

I'm just representing billy in an anthropological study....

jesus I wont shut up here

so bored

better go away

.|..|

Originally posted by Dan
Look, your trying to compare a kids film that you saw as a kid with a kids film that you saw as an adult. Do you seriously expect it to have the same effect on you?? Bullshit!! It won't.

No, they won't make me want to be a Jedi when I grow up, or to spend all my parents' money on some great toys (they were great weren't they? The AT-ST was my fave...)

But you can compare the original 3 with the new ones. I watched Return of the Jedi the day after seeing Clones and was struck by how a vastly simpler plot, dealing with classic themes (good vs. evil; father vs. son; the corrupting temptations of power) makes for a much more enjoyable action movie. I don't like the Ewoks as much as I used to, but they have their moments.

And I reckon the old special effects were much better. Guys in rubber suits still look more realistic than shiny 'puter graphics - and they're easier for others to act against/with. Or maybe that's just because my suspension of disbelief abilities got frozen 15 or 20 years ago.

"I don't like the Ewoks as much as I used to, but they have their moments.

And I reckon the old special effects were much better. Guys in rubber suits still look more realistic than shiny 'puter graphics - and they're easier for others to act against/with."

I agree with you on the old special effects though they of course still should use computers a fair bit like in the enhanced version of the originals.

An Ewok dying in Return of The Jedi is the saddest thing I've ever seen in a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back