28 Weeks Later (and general new horror/zombie films thread) (1 Viewer)

thumped poster ferox13 made me this amazing dvd of loads of lovecraft movies

dreams in the witchhouse is alright - the call of cthulhu silent movie is amazing! as is the 60s dunwich horror with dean stockwell (Al from quantum leap)

anyway i thought the first part of 28 days later was great but then when it came to the part of 'rebuilding the human race' i didn't see why cillian murphy and the woman were so shocked that the soldiers planned to rebuild by having sex with the remaining two females...c'mon, it had to be done you fucking idiots, how could you not be ready to discuss that issue in that situation.

Hahah. no way!! Are you serious!? That's what I thought was so good about it: even when humans survive, all they do is fuck up all over again by trying to force procreation.

Ah, Dagon's alright! I'd watch it, it's got some good bits. I's roughly based on Shadow Over Innsmouth aswell. It's pretty kitschy though...as Eoin said, watch it no expecting it to anywhere near live up to the book and it's a good laugh.

Ah, Dagon's alright! I'd watch it, it's got some good bits. I's roughly based on Shadow Over Innsmouth aswell. It's pretty kitschy though...as Eoin said, watch it no expecting it to anywhere near live up to the book and it's a good laugh.

So what you're saying is, get a buttload of drugs and booze and...:p

Hahah. no way!! Are you serious!? That's what I thought was so good about it: even when humans survive, all they do is fuck up all over again by trying to force procreation.

i think they only turned to forcing when they realised- these fucking eejits don't see that to rebuild the human race we're gonna HAVE to eventually.

Check out Versus, it has undead samurai in it. The rise out of the ground in this forest where there was a big battle and where the modern day Yakuza bury their victims. It's pretty good.

The Return Of The Living Dead films are great too.

That film's legend! Think I saw it at Horrorthon a few years ago, fuck, the body count is beyond anything ever (except maybe for A Better Tomorrow 2)!

Yeah fair play. Did you see that shitty Night of The Living Dead rethread from about 1994? Ends with the young wan doing a ripley on the undead. Piss poor.

Dunno...I've got the directors cut of that version on video and I think it's pretty good actually. Directed by Tom Savini, who handled all makeup and effects for the originals and I think it's pretty dark and reworks the end twist nicely. Some hammy acting in places, but the humour adds to it. Some of the best zombies ever in that one also..."Mr McGruder" and the old woman holding a doll.

Best bit: idiot shoots gasoline tank in frustration and blows himself and girlfriend up. Zombies rejoice in cooked flesh.

Dagon rocks too...cheesy in places, sure, but it doesn't really let up once it gets going which I find a rarity these days (I thought 28 Weeks Later was a total yawn-fest once the initial sequence was out of the way).

Brian Yuzna and Stuart Gordon also did the Re-Animator films and the amazingly fucked up "Society" and "From Beyond"

Apparently Stuart Gordon did a version of Dreams In The Witch House too that I saw an ad for in a U.S. comics mag, old Laser never heard of it though and it tends to be the only place I get stuff other than off the internet. Anyone seen it? Can't imagine how the fuck those dreamscapes would translate to film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back