Worst ever gig... (1 Viewer)

Worst Gigs ever-----

-The reindeer section at ambassador(fuck you lightbody- you ripped me off cunt)
-Sebadoh in nancy spains in cork
-that english band with the lead singer from the hunchback from notre dame-they were shit

-Gotta say Happy mondays at witness - God awful drunken gibberish, and that was just me trying to articulate what god-awful drunken gibberish they were spouting
-Paul brady in Feile was THE most boring gig I've ever stood/collapsed thru
-Festivals in genaral are usually fairly disappointing upon reflection on the afore-mentioned

Autechre.....TBMC 2000, I think...... went along with people who assured me they were great ....on the same label as the mighty Aphex Twin ( the closest electronic music has got to genius...in my opinion)........but what a pile of pretensious nonsense.........some people thought they wereamazing..... the emperor's new clothes.....

Spritualized....the red box .....probably not entirerly the bands fault....but every song decended into a pointless wall of white noise......a waste of everyone time and ££££££'s

Pacebo....whelans 97.......style over substance......designer indie bullshit......

Originally posted by anon

Spritualized....the red box .....probably not entirerly the bands fault....but every song decended into a pointless wall of white noise......a waste of everyone time and ££££££'s

Not the Bands, but deffo the fault of Jason Peirse's overinflated ego...

Les Enfants - Lark in the Park, St. Annes, Summer 1987 (I think). A stinking time.

Cornershop. The Buttery bar TCD, 1990
What a mess.

Spiritualized, Glastonbury 1998.
How could it all go so wrong ?

Royal Trux, Shooters bar , Brighton 1999.
They were great the previous year but this sucked doggy eggs, chaps.

Sweaty Sack while waiting for the non appearance of Morrissey on Satirday.
The Honey Thieves in the Baggot.
Some band called Downset or Downfall in Barnstormers.
Bikini Kill in Charlies.
Blink, Frames, any number of poxy bands while I worked for £15 a night for ents in college.
The Fall in the Red Box.

I actually enjoyed Cornershop in Buttery and Fibbers though.

Here, for anyone here who actually likes some bands from their locale, when and how did you realise that not everything from your area was shite?
For me it was the first Pop & Beer Convention in the Fox & Pheasant. Wormhole, Unease, Pet Lamb, In Motion, Monomer and ummm.. someone else. The atmosphere was great and little me thought it was all deadly, especially Wormhole.
Sabbath was like a big version of the Pop & Beer conventions.
The subsequent ones weren't so good.
Partially cos my old band played at the second one and was shite.

candy apple red were the first band i used to go and see... down the old baggot and charlies... on a regular basis. before that all bands were crap. like the whipping boy and rex and dino. i have no idea when that was. i reckon i did my first gig long before i started to go to other peoples.

Aye, me too.
Candy Apple Red never really grabbed me.
They were the next big thing for a while, weren't they?

well, you'd go just for the marquee moon cover.

before becoming ashamaed of the arrogance of it all. they could have been the next big thing. they did what all bands did in those days. go to london and break up.

Yessiree but you know there've always been a few good bands around I surmise. There's just lots more of them now getting a few gigs. Reason? Money. Musicians have jobs, can buy instruments and recording equipment, can pay for CD pressing, rehearsal space in which to play, and cars to carry gear to gigs. Punters can afford to go to more gigs, buy local releases, and promote more interesting gigs. Venues can afford to put more original bands on (you think they'd pay the bands though). And parents have big garages to foster fledgling rockers.

So it's all down to the Celtic Tiger. Capitalism breeds culture. Football too. Give the poor pussy a saucer of milk and the kudos it deserves.

Dave Couse had a big bee in his bonnet about that when me and Binky did that round table thing.
Then when other people started speaking and not listening to him he took his ball and went home.
Friendly lad, though.

Why did bands all go to London?
I mean... it got some of them signed but nothing actually came of it then anyways.
Except for somehow getting one of them a job presenting a radio programme.

cause there was no scene over here man. no one went to gigs. CAR would have posters all over town and 50 people wouold come to the gigs. the whipping boy had a residancy in the underground. it was fucking tiny. everybody thought nobody was listening, so they went to london where NOBODY was listening. even aha and the birthday party moved to london....

Originally posted by Hector Grey
cause there was no scene over here man. no one went to gigs. CAR would have posters all over town and 50 people wouold come to the gigs. the whipping boy had a residancy in the underground. it was fucking tiny. everybody thought nobody was listening, so they went to london where NOBODY was listening. even aha and the birthday party moved to london....

Those Whipping Boy nights were fun sometimes. Other times edgy. Got boring after a while though.

yeah do you remember the state of the singer at the '97 freshers ball, painted silver and wearing a swiming cap, it didn't quite work.
lo fidelity allstars were all right though

Originally posted by redd
yeah do you remember the state of the singer at the '97 freshers ball, painted silver and wearing a swiming cap, it didn't quite work.
lo fidelity allstars were all right though

fuck... was that them? i seem to remember that, but i think you'll find it was the 98 freshers ball redd my dear boy.

lo fi allstars were great. a great live band, i think that was the last time the singer ever sang live as he left the band about a week later... silo and i were watching them on stage and you could see the tension. at on stage he was singing through a vocoder and the guy triggering samples changed key on him and he looked at him as if hed just tried to stick his mickey in his ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back