Worst ever gig... (3 Viewers)

words like 'mickey' should be used more often.
and 'gee bag'. they're classics.
really '98?? sheesh i must be getting on in my years

yeah, 98 it was. remember it distinctly. arab strap played as well, and i saw decal live for the first time.

with 2 other people.

in a massive tent.

i felt very sorry for them.

and furthermore, the fact that you thought it was a year earlier than it really was means that are getting younger, rather than older.

yeah i remember the big empty tents, kinda

first time i ever managed to hold down two bottles of buckfast.

that was a bad night, cept the allstars.
( gee bag)

Well we were always big Mama's Boys fans so we were always into some Irish stuff but even more local... I'd have to thank tom Hayes and his 4 nights a week rock show that we could pick up in the sticks (!), He introduced us to Killerwatt and a few other Irish bands that I cant remember. never got to see any of them live though- too young to go to any gig smaller than the SFX.

Years later a band I was in played in McGonagles at one of Tom Hayes's metal nights and I remember being dissapointed that he didn't "know" us too, as we'd all grown up listening to him.

Brilliant local gigs:
Mexican Pets & Pet Lamb & Cruiser album launch in Whelans
Tension in the Project.
The Idiots
etc.....

i won south of heaven off tom hayes when it came out. deadly buzz altogether.

I fuckin hated the whipping boy with his stupid step ladder and shit, and Into Paradese were just plain boring...

The Idiots in the attic and Shake who latedr became Rollerscate skinny, dems were great days...

and going back even further to the teenage years in Cork with the sultans of ping fc, the frank and walters and the Dancin Bastards from Hell... ah ah, Holding back the tears I am...

I heard lastnight that Louis Walshes rock group "Red Lemon" will be playing at the chilli peppers gig tonight. If I was going to go along early enough I would see them and I am sure this would certainly be the worst gig of my life...but I'm not, so it won't. Although I have this bad feeling this gig is still going to be on my bad list. !bog

shake. yeah, right.

wern't they appaling. they were every time i went to see them sub mbv nonsense.

and what about lord john white, eh?

Louis Walsh and the RHCP who thought up that combo.
Definitely will give the appearance of 'Red Lemon' a miss..........any Louis Walsh shite makes me vomit blood.

Looking forward to seeing what New Order are like live though...

I probably still have a load of Tom Hayes comp tapes somewhere.
He got me into Kreator ('no thanx to gays and faggots for speading aids' was a memorable liner note).
Did you ever buy that Killerwatt EP?
Particularly painful cover.

Lordjohnwhite?
Jungleburger was better than seeing Sack the other night.

the cover was really, really bad.

remember sid the bassist. i used to sell tapes for him. rubbish they were.

My brother bought it. The cover is awful. I wonder how many copies of that 12" they sold. It seems like everyone had it.

I'm afraid to listen to it now though.

Dan, you going to the chilli snappers?
I saw the drummer last night at the drum workshop he did.
Fucking mentalist.

Wouldn't it be wise to get in early so you can get to the front?
(even suffering the louis walsh shite?)

Are you going to the chillis Unclemeat? (for a second there I used your real name)

I'm not so sure about enduring Louis Walsh shite to get to the front of a concert. I'm not even so sure about the front of big concerts anymore. I must be getting old.

I'm afraid you'll just have to wait for the release of Document to find out. Unless one of the Sunday's buys the rights and serialises it first, of course.

That drum workshop was fantastic.
Chad Smith, Ex-Drummer from Therapy, a young lad called Sean Carpio (did I spell it right?) and John Eccles (I think, or was it Ron) all having a jam on stage, swapping drumkits, Your man from therapy's old lad getting on the drums and going mental, chad smith doing double bass work on another drumkit, while making .|..| signs during the beat...I reiterate: fantastic.
Chad Smith is a funny fucker, I tell you.

I'm in the wrong thread amn't I?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back