Worst ever gig... (2 Viewers)

Originally posted by uncle_meat
all having a jam on stage, swapping drumkits, Your man from therapy's old lad getting on the drums and going mental, chad smith doing double bass work on another drumkit

My drummer was there too and told me it was cool!

Let me see... What goes on at a Workshop? Is it just a drummers gig or you can also learn something going there?

Not really. Chad and the other lads weren't discussing their methods, as Chad kindly pointed out at the start. (I sound as if I know him, I don't really, you know.) Yeah, just a gig for drummers, but it was good to see professionals at work.
I t gives you an idea of how much more effort you need to put into your playing before you can even attempt to reach that level.

Practice your double strokes and paradiddles on a cushion with a pair of sticks. You'll be grand.:D

um, anyway, back in not-a-drum-workshop land...

going to see the waltons in the fusion bar (again and again... seemed like they had a residency for a while; every thursday and saturday night...) was probably my induction into the (ahem) 'scene'. i think i was about 3 years late.

oh! das madman at the funnel. jackbeast. gearhead nation and thousands of awful awful punka bands.

actually, i think it was sl@nted @nd ench@nted made me think 'hang on, anyone can do this! and with better grammar!'

is this hope buke called 'document' inna kinda-like-fugazi's-'instrument' way, or did you have the name first?

Originally posted by uncle_meat
It gives you an idea of how much more effort you need to put into your playing before you can even attempt to reach that level.

Well It's easy to feel frustrated when you see the BIGs playing (I nearly threw my bass in the fireplace after a performance of Marcus Miller :) ) but there's one thing to be considered: think what a drummer you would be if, being this your main or only occupation, you could spend 10 hours a day studying and practising for 15 years, as our common friends Chad and Flea did !

....... Feel any better now ?

Originally posted by silo
is this hope buke called 'document' inna kinda-like-fugazi's-'instrument' way, or did you have the name first?

As far as I know it's 'Document' in a Hope's-'Statement'-12"-like-way, so I think Niall had the name first ;)

They're called red lemon...the louis walsh thing.

After reading the drum workshop thread I've been reminded of the worst gig ever. It was in TBMC last November or so. Hopper was the band..Graham Hopkins who used to be in Therapy?s band. It was fucking offensive, foul and disgusting

"Document is a word in a dictionary kind of way. It sums up
what is being said in the book. The book Documents what Hope
did for a period in Dublin.

It's easier with one word.

It's full title is "Document: A Story Of Hope", Just like
Statement was "A Statement Is A Weapon IN An Empty Hand".

Anyway the book has gone to the printers so it should be out in
a couple of weeks"

mad posting frenzy this morning

im looking forward to this- does it go into all the bitcy feuding and shite-hope so
didnt someone on this board say they had old videos of bands in dublin?

mad posting frenzy this morning

im looking forward to this- does it go into all the bitcy feuding and shite-hope so

Was it not all sweentess, light and flowers?????

Originally posted by rocktopus

I have some. I started encoding them for the interweb but for most of them (filmed in glorious wobble-o-vision) 56k streaming just isn't worth it.

Originally posted by rocktopus
Do you have a list?

Um.

Team Dresch, Bis, Charlies, 1996(?)

Fugazi, McGonagles 1989

Good Clean Fun, Doyles 21st August 2000

Refused & The Kabinboy, The Sunshine Bar Dundalk

Drop Dead, Live in Clodagh's Flat on the NCR

Nile, Eamon Dorans, 4th February 2001

Oxes, The Baseball Fury Whelans 2001

The Sorts, The Redneck Manifesto The Funnel Bar, December 1998

Not Our World, McGonagles 1989

The Redneck Manifesto

The Kabinboy, The Temple 30 December 2000

Bambi, 2nd last (temple) & last gig (whelans)

Bluetip, The Temple

Grotus, Victims Family (I think)

about half of The Sabbath

I'm sure there's more. I think Mero might have gotten rid of a lot of his stuff recently, but he used to have a load of stuff on VHS.

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth

Was 96. Get the Bikini Kill set?

Do you remember team dresch stopping midsong to say that all the guys at the front were wankers and that they had to go to the back and let the girls up the front. What a loada shite. I was one of said "wankers" and approached one of them afterwards saying I objected to being called a wanker..she said in the whiniest american accent "I don't want to dialogue with you right now". :) ah happy days

Originally posted by Dan

Do you remember team dresch stopping midsong to say that all the guys at the front were wankers and that they had to go to the back and let the girls up the front. What a loada shite. I was one of said "wankers" and approached one of them afterwards saying I objected to being called a wanker..she said in the whiniest american accent "I don't want to dialogue with you right now". :) ah happy days

Yeah, I do. That irritated me.
Bikini Kill's drummer was Billy Boredom. They looked great. The songs were quite good. I still have all their records but haven't played them in yonks

Was going to play "Carnival" at Thumped disco though but forgot to bring it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back