Worst ever gig... (3 Viewers)

here, buh. i saw the cranberries at some feile years ago. and i was expecting them to be real, real shit. but they weren't. theyw as suprisingly good. mind you i dint run out and buy anyof theys records and i couldn't listen to them. but for some reason... that night.... maybe cos rage agaisnt the machine were so awful. and the crash test dummies. jesus. what a day.

Wait a bleedin second, is the Sonic Youth gig that I am refering to in the olympia, is that the ones that the Chicks were supporting? the one where they were promoting their noise instrumental album, and where they had little cotton record bags on sale for about a quid. Because as I said before it was A: noise, for about 2 hours and B: The Chicks were supporting, what more do you want for a shit gig.

Althought I didn't admit to it being shit after because I'd just spent £20 or somit on the ticket and didn't want to remember it as being a waste of money, which it was.

Originally posted by sparse-icus

The Worst I think was that experimental band from america that played in Isaac Butt with the Estel I think. They certainly played in Limerick with the Rednecks the day after but their name avaids me, any help?

i think that's cerebus shoal you're talking about?
estel didn't play with them.
and your brother has all there albums...
the first album is really good, the rest are hippy

Originally posted by meta
Looking forward to SY in london next week.
support from the liars and the notwist.

Which night are you going? Me and the youngfella will be at the Tuesday one.

Originally posted by swingkid

i think that's cerebus shoal you're talking about?
estel didn't play with them.
and your brother has all there albums...
the first album is really good, the rest are hippy

That's the one, Cerebus shoal, the albums aren't half as bad as they were live, in parts they're quite good. Who did support them?

Althought I didn't admit to it being shit after because I'd just spent £20 or somit on the ticket and didn't want to remember it as being a waste of money, which it was.

they were actually promoting 1000 Leaves - of which the majority of the set was made up of.

Originally posted by Hector Grey
the fall. anywhere.

I saw The Fall when they played the Limelight in Belfast last year and yes, I was rather disappointed. But I blame Mark E. Smith for that. He's one of the dullest entertainers about.

If I'd closed my eyes and just concentrated on the music I would have got a lot more satisfaction.
Muh!

the fall at atp this year were pretty awful. especially if you'd waited for ages in a hot room before they came on, and then got mr smith's finest "drunken uncle at a wedding" lurching and incoherent shouting, accompanied by the world's most bored band. i left after about two songs to go and sit in my chalet and drink.

that said, a friend of mine claimed it was quite a good fall gig, as he could tell when one song finished and another began.

-Subrosa at the pod earlier this year was awful, walked out halfway through their 2nd song, never done that before.
-Accidentally saw shed seven once, still having nightmares about it
-the chicks supporting the manic street preachers in cork, 99 i think, the day before the verve at slane, finley quaye at slane that year was shitty too.
-Kelis at v2000, was surprised at how shit she is live

That's the one, Cerebus shoal, the albums aren't half as bad as they were live, in parts they're quite good. Who did support them?

Omelette (without drums) + Connect 4ork.

yeah, Cerberus Shoal were terrible that night.
that image of the hairy-armpitted female cello player still lingers :( :(

i heard that they were actually really good in Limerick the night after though.

Golden (as in the super original movement bla-bla-bla) were one of the worst bands i've ever seen.
bolloxy smug bluesy shite.
which is strange cuz i love their records.

Archer Prewitt was total bollox too. one of the few gigs i'ver walked out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back