words you hate the most (1 Viewer)

skinnerchinner said:
heino

like , when birds like say it like americans like
annoys the fuck out me like
ah yeah. like when d4 heads say "bottle of heino by the neck"
yeah i hate that.

along with munster, leinster, heino cup, shane fucking horgan...etc.
jesus, where did the love go?
i seem to have developed the rather unsettling habit of using my fingers as exclaimation marks to denote "irony". i fucking hate that. and every sentence that starts with "basically" is a headwreck. or "bare with me..."

coraline said:
Galway thing of saying "I've loads for doing" instead of I've loads to do. GAAAAH

Is that not using Irish grammar in an English sentence? If so there's nothing wrong with that.

Lord Damian said:
but...it...controls...remote just 'describes' the controller...i'm confused...

To be fair it's the remote control not 'controller' or 'remote' or 'the buttons' for that matter.

moose said:
Is that not using Irish grammar in an English sentence? If so there's nothing wrong with that.

I dont know, for a teacher I have spectacularly bad Irish, and even if it is its still very very annoying.:rolleyes:

moose said:
To be fair it's the remote control not 'controller' or 'remote' or 'the buttons' for that matter.
yeah but the 'remote' part is just OBVIOUS, of COURSE it's the REMOTE control, nobody's gonna be confused if you ask for the controller and hand you the actual tv set and say "yeah, here you go, the controls are under that little panel there"...

sorry, as i said in another thread i have a heavy fuckin head today so you should probably ignore everything i post.

johnnystress said:
My girlfirend calls it "the buttons" as well

silly

everyone knows it's Mister Switcherooo
or how about "the buzzer"?

theweeyin said:
No, "the clicker" is definitely the way forward.
or "the doofer"

or [french accent] "the zapper" [/french accent]

actually, it's not a word, but what i really hate is people on the internet saying things like "/me looks embarrassed" or "/me runs away" or "/me whatever whatever". take up interpretative dance, the verbal medium of the internet is clearly not for you.

Super Dexta said:
actually, it's not a word, but what i really hate is people on the internet saying things like "/me looks embarrassed" or "/me runs away" or "/me whatever whatever". take up interpretative dance, the verbal medium of the internet is clearly not for you.
*hangs head in shame*

The phrase "I'll get me coat", as used on the internet, ceased being funny around the turn of the century.

I also recently had a conversation about the demerits of the phrase "touch base". I HATE it, so good on ye Lord Damo.

I also have a problem with the word "munch". Like "something to munch on". Urgh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back