Wisdom Teeth (2 Viewers)

Hey alan, if they give you all anesthetic n shit, does that mean you've broke your edge? Cos it would be a lot cheaper (and XoldXschoolX) to do it with a pliers and a bottle of whiskey...

im hoping it does... this way i can break the edge and pretend it wasnt my fault...

have to be in the hospital for 7:30 tomorrow morning. anus.

I had four wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic in January 2003. The actual tooth removal part went fine, no hamster impressions etc. The only problem was that I woke up during the operation. I don't remember it but the nurse told me that I was talking to them(!) They gave me a second anaesthetic. I woke up just after they wheeled me out of the theatre. I had a bit of a freak out due to coming round so fast -twice - and was sedated with Pethidine. Fucking class. Had to take a shitload of painkillers and stuff for the next week because apparently my nerves didn't have time to recover from the shock or summat. Went drinking with Psycho no2 the night I finished them. Total mess. At least I'll know to tell the anaesthetist to double the dosage if I ever have to have heart surgery or anything...

I think I've told this story on thumped before. My memory isn't the best...for reasons like the above.

Erm, anyway, good luck with the op tomorrow!

I also had 4 out under general anaesthetic and after I was discharged I thought the anaesthetic had worn off so Like a tit I bought a cream egg. Cut to me on the bus with cream egg goo oozing slowly down my chin and me in total confusion. Operation is a piece of piss though. Avoid cream eggs.

well, i survived... currently bleeding a lot but it's not so bad. foolishly tried to eat a slice of ham when i got home.. still paying for that one. ah well.

sugar_referee said:
After the ''procedure off cutting my caks off, I went to the hospital and had my tiny seven year old zip scarred penis twiddled and handled by a ninety year old doctor. I then had to stick my johnson into a bowl of hot , hot Dettol for three weeks twice a day afterwards.

Oh boo hoo. Think about the poor seven year old whose willy you had.

sugar_referee said:
when I was ten

my burd is getting her four wisdom teeth taken out next week and she has been told to take a week off work. i'd gladly submit my gob to that procedure for five sweet workless days.

Vinnie said:
I also had 4 out under general anaesthetic and after I was discharged I thought the anaesthetic had worn off so Like a tit I bought a cream egg. Cut to me on the bus with cream egg goo oozing slowly down my chin and me in total confusion. Operation is a piece of piss though. Avoid cream eggs.

Heehehe. Same thing happened to a lothario-minded friend of mine. Spent the whole evening wondering why the laydeez did'n wanna know. He was completely unaware of the many threads of spit hanging off his trademark 'daimond smile' while attempting to work his magic at the bar. Gave an altogether more sinister expression of his intentions to the women. I laughed all night.

Owww.
I've had one comin through on the bottom right of my jaw for about 4 days and its suddenly got unbearably painful.

whats the best way to dull the pain, nurofen or somethin?

Whiskey or clove oil around the gum should numb it a little.

I find tooth pain is completely debilitating. If it's really bad get yer doctor to prescribe you Ponstin or Aulin.

Tooth pain sucks so so so much. My sympathies everyone.

"Salene! Come in for yer dinnaar."

I'll bang a few aulin later, as long as i dont have to have surgery i'm happy.

Theseus Mock said:
hey, anyone know what the cost per tooth of getting those babies out? I had one pulled last year by a butcher style dentist - 10 mins on chair, €50 in hand & €9 on painkillers. The whole process was seamless but I wanna get more out & I'll probably end up getting one yanked out in Dublin($$$)

i've had all 3 out while awake BUT all of mine have come up fine like normal teeth so I have no horror stories to tell. the 1st one I paid £90 for but that's because it was the bottom one and they're harder to pull out. I got 2 top ones out recently for €50 coz of PRSI and about €5 for painkillers but that was because I had an infection in another tooth. short and sweet: should cost u €50 if u have PRSI to cover you.

was told recently by a dentist do not put disprin straight onto a sore tooth/gum. the acid can eat away at your gum. nasty. this, after i'd spent all morning putting disprin onto my sore tooth. felt like a right eejit.

Lefty Frizzell said:
Owww.
I've had one comin through on the bottom right of my jaw for about 4 days and its suddenly got unbearably painful.

whats the best way to dull the pain, nurofen or somethin?

Last major tooth trouble I had (right in the middle of my fuckin Leavin cert, conveniently), m'mother precribed whiskey on the tooth. It dulls the pain for a little while. I'm not into taking tablets, so I can't recommend anything there.

But, by the time you read this, you should have already gone to see your dentisté.

wisdom teeth are a fucker, you probably need it removed if it's hurting. Something like 1 in 5 people have to get their wisdom teeth removed, go to the dentist now!

Alan Remorse said:
no way. if anyone's going to win the "unpleasant medical experiences" competition it's me.

i had a lumbar puncture.

for anyone who doesn't know what this is, it's when they insert a giant needle into the base of your spine and extract a fluid to see if you have meningitis.

WITH NO ANAESTHETIC!!

apart from an eye operation when I was too young to remember it, and having my tounge sown backtogether as a nipper Ive managed to avoid invasive medical proceedures for the most part

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back