Wisdom Teeth (1 Viewer)

aaaaaawwwwww.how many wisdom teeth are up.
i only got 2 and one grew out horizontally.i was a bit like a wonky unicorn with my mini horn coming out the side of the back of my mouth.

hafta get back left one out soon, little tiny bit of it poking through gum slightly sideways so its prevention more than anything i think.

i've already put it off for 2weeks now, been told to go get an opg xray of my face in Norbrook Clinic in rathmines. havn't had the balls to yet though

i'm scared, never even had a filling

The one and only time I had dental surgery, I was having minor genipshits the night before so I went to the pub.

Don't do it! - blood thinned by the Smithwicks still in my system caused excessive bleeding on extraction of my poor tooth. Lightheadedness and wads of cotton wool in my gob for hours - terrible terrible!

Nice angry music in my ears if I ever go again...the sound is akin to a tree begin uprooted, ripping devastation.

Lumbar Puncture is not too bad, just don't look at the needle before it happens, seriously! They numb you before hand with a regular sized neddle.Spinal fluid is totally clear and sparkly.

I've got a titanium tooth - result of playing ice hockey when I was a lad. Not that I knocked em out on the rink - it was some fucker who took a dislike to me when I was playing then him and his brothers kicked the crap outta me as I was coming off. Knocked three teeth out - two of which (and this is no joke) a studenty looking asian guy, at about 1 in the morning, put back in and used a fucking strip of one of those silver hot food containers from takeways to hold them in!!!

The other one - about 6 months later a titanium rod was drilled into my head (while awake - the view while this was happened was sorta like the bit in robocop where he's waking up) and then a few months later the crown attached to it.

So underneath the flesh I'm partly this:

terminator_site_ter.jpg

hope you're ok Al - glad to hear the operation wasn't too bad.

I haven't been to the dentist for around...god, about 15 years. That's not good.
I had such a horrendous experience with fisher seals (is that how you spell it?) that I refused to go back. And it's not like fisher seals are invasive or hurt or anything...the whole procedure just totally frightened me!
All the sucking of air and the cotton wool and the dentist's fingers (!) - man, I am such a baby.
I'm gonna go soon though...once I've erased this thread out of my mind. I've never had any problems but my bottom teeth are in bad shape - there are too many of them and they're not aligned properly. I remember going to the orthodontist and he said I had problems with my teeth (my top row are slightly bucked, nice one) but they weren't bad enough to warrant free braces. So I never got any.

That has to be the most boring tooth tale ever, sorry!

Lumbar Puncture is not too bad, just don't look at the needle before it happens, seriously! They numb you before hand with a regular sized neddle.Spinal fluid is totally clear and sparkly.

i found the lumbar puncture to be the most painful medical proceedure i have been though. it took about twenty minutes, and regardless of what they might say, you can feel a needle in your spine.
the worst thing about it was the five days afterward of headaches and extreme nausea every time i tried to move.

i found the lumbar puncture to be the most painful medical proceedure i have been though. it took about twenty minutes, and regardless of what they might say, you can feel a needle in your spine.
the worst thing about it was the five days afterward of headaches and extreme nausea every time i tried to move.

I felt the same. I was laid up for 4 or 5 days afterwards, and literally could not move without puking. It was bizarre and pretty terrifying.

Oddly enough the missus is getting her teeth out today as well - what're the odds eh?

i got my knob stuck in my zipper when i was ten. this is Pre- theres something about mary. when my father got home he quickly assessed the situation, strode out and back in just as quick with a pair of scissors. I , not unnaturally , thought he was going to cut my willy off and freaked out. After the ''procedure off cutting my caks off, I went to the hospital and had my tiny seven year old zip scarred penis twiddled and handled by a ninety year old doctor. I then had to stick my johnson into a bowl of hot , hot Dettol for three weeks twice a day afterwards.

i really hope this happens to no one else. ever.

Happened to me when I was 17, though I slept on it for a night (was hammered) before going to the hospital. Did the same thing myself, cut the trousers away from the zip. It was nasty. Doctor said "you wouldn't believe how often this happens" I said "Really" and he smiled and went.."Nooooo". Funny guy. Anyways he injected the area with anaesthetic and then wham ripped the zip open and it was " we have a bleeder!"..healed in about 3-4 weeks though.

On the wisdom teeth, how come humans have evolved to have crappy teeth that quite often don't come up right? Is it because we look after our teeth better than we did 10,000 years ago, and theoretically back then by the time the wisdom teeth came up, the loss of other rotten teeth would have given space for them?

went suprisingly well,

back left one is pretty bloody, open and loose stitching but the other 3 dont even look like theyve needed stitches.
didnt even get time to shit myself about the General, was gone in about 4 seconds after it was administered.

These drugs are deadly,ive carried on with my day pretty much as normal bar the divine taste of blood and spit clots

If i could tie a string around the jagged bits that are slicing up through my gum i would

I have discovered though that by podding at it i can make my finger smell like that of a dentist so at least thats something

i was supposed to get a wisdom tooth out today and my dentist canceled an hour before the appointment.

Now i'm stuck with a rotten wisdom tooth that's killing me and no dentist to take it out. Will a dentist you've never been to before take out a tooth on first visit. I've had it x-rayed and it's fucked. The filling that was in it fell out a week or so ago and it's getting more painful every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back