Wills, got one? (1 Viewer)

i was recently told that a post mortem is required if the person had not been seen by a doctor in the month before their death.

Also if they die at home. A friend's dad died right before Christmas and though it was obvious there was no foul play, they still had to go the hospital and identify the body. A full post mortem was done as well. I found it very strange.

I've said this before, I know it's weird and probably points to some deep psychological fuckup on my part, but I don't really want to be buried. I figure it would be more useful and fun to be made into hamburgers and BBQed at the wake.

I'm well marinaded and nicely marbled so I should make for lovely burgers.

If the person died in an unnatural way (definition of 'unnatural' is that the death will require a cause to be determined by a coroner - typically in the coroner's court), it can take longer. A will cannot be read until the cause of death is determined.

Inquest is the word I was looking for. Basically a mini-court case to determine cause of death.

Also if they die at home. A friend's dad died right before Christmas and though it was obvious there was no foul play, they still had to go the hospital and identify the body. A full post mortem was done as well. I found it very strange.

Post Mortem isn't required. With my dad, it was optional. :(
It's a creepy aul read I tells ya.

how_high_ver1.jpg

they smoked their friend

Only recently found out just how important having a will is:

Our landlady's partner died suddenly a few months ago. They've been living together for years and years, very happily. He was a widower and had three sons from his marriage. He wasn't elderly. There was no will. The sons get the house (her home of 10+ years) and the youngest son wants to move in.

She came to us, heartbroken, grieving and concerned for us as she had to ask us to move out (after 7 years here) so that she can move in. She's lost the love of her life, her lovely home, and her only income all in a few months. Her partner was buried the day they were due to fly away on holiday.

Life isn't fair, make a will!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back