will the fai have the balls to sack stan??? (1 Viewer)

cyprus had some players from the apollon limassol side who cork city beat in the champions league qualifiers a couple of months back...

cyprus had some players from the apollon limassol side who cork city beat in the champions league qualifiers a couple of months back...

well there you go...the same boys who were photographed eating from the chipper van inside the ground after the match?

well there you go...the same boys who were photographed eating from the chipper van inside the ground after the match?

yes indeed. cyprus only have a couple of players who ply their trade outside of cyprus. limassol were the champions of the cypriot league.

says a lot!

If I'm not mistaken, only 3 of that Cypriot side ply their trade outside the country. Goes to show what a disgrace our management team are when they can't be arsed showing an interest in domestic football.

The players do deserve some of the blame, there is no question about that. I nearly had a shouting match with my dad over the phone :))) because he was saying the blame rested with the players, not with Stan. I totally disagree with that notion.

Yep, there are guys in the Irish squad currently that shouldn't be in an international set up. But times are a changin'. If England struggle to fill certain positions (they had div one/reserve players sniffing around their World Cup squad) then we know we've got problems. How many of the top players in England are Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish? I don't think you'd be able to make a Prem based starting XI of those three nations combined.

The fact is we have a good blend of skillful, honest and hard working players. How can we not fashion a decent side from the likes of Given, Carr, O'Shea, Harte, Dunne, Duff, Keane, Finnan, Doyle, Kilbane, Kenny, A. Reid, S. Reid, Carsley, A. Quinn, Miller, McGeady... Sure, they're not all world beaters, but we have enough to be a competent international outfit. If these players are going out and losing 4-0 to Holland and 5-2 to CYPRUS, there is something really fucking wrong.

The buck stops with the manager. And those who appointed him.

How many of the top players in England are Welsh, Scottish or Northern Irish? I don't think you'd be able to make a Prem based starting XI of those three nations combined.

I'm a reet cunt!

Taylor (Norn Iron)

Weir (Sweatys)
Hughes (Norn Iron)
Dailly (Sweatys)
Gabiddon (Taffs)

Wilson AKA Giggs (Taffs)
Davis (Norn Iron)
Fletcher (Sweatys)
Davies (Taffs)

McFadden (Sweatys)
Bellamy (Taffs)

Shoite buh!

I meant first teamers! I don't think Dailly is in the first team. McFadden isn't a regular. Weir is a "veteran" currently in the reserves. Fletcher isn't really cemented in the Man U side, ditto Bellamy at the pool if he don't get his scoring boots on soon.

Even so, there's probably a few lads who have a couple of caps that I can't recall. But yeah, they're still shoite!

according to sky sports news, the fai have made a statement giving stan their full backing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back