will the fai have the balls to sack stan??? (1 Viewer)

The ironic thing is, the fact Staunton was banned from the touchline for this game, might actually save his ass. Stan wasn't allowed to manage the team...!

Yep, we're shorter on players than we have been for some time, but this whole "we're building for the future" bullshit, is a joke. That doesn't mean you go out and concede bagfulls of goals.

Staunton MUST go.

Score prediction for Wednesday: Rep. Ireland 0 : 54 Czech Republic

I've never seen such a poor irish performance. Stunningly bad.

Hard to believe we got ridd of kerr for staunton, he should get the boot on thursday.

its pretty obvious to anyone bar mrs. staunton that stan is not up to the job. they should end the misery now before we get a lucky draw in san marino...

does anyone know why he got the job in the first place? I mean I know sweet f.a. ( pun intended) about football and even I knew he would be shite.

Fucking hell that was painful... Just disastrous.. Even if Staunton didn't exist, surely a bunch of guys who play regularly in the upper leagues in England should have it together enough to put in a competent display against Cyprus. The players have to take a chunk of the blame too. Never seen such an unbelievably fragile Irish team.. Cyprus could have had 7 or 8.

Andy O'Brien and John O'Shea...hang your heads in shame.

Dicky Dunne tried his best, but he can't be expected to score an equaliser and defend the bastard goal on his tobler.

Stan's a fucking useless cunt, but seriously, what did yis expect? He had no management experience before he got the job. He wasn't assistant manager to Merson at Walsall, he coached their kids.

p.s. I've also hated Stan since at least 92.

The Irish jersey seems to actually be a curse at the moment... the players look like they half don't want to be there. We used to consistently get Irish players playing above their natural level for the national team but now they play consistently worse than they do for their clubs.. Is a change in attitude from the public contributing to this - are the players not arsed performing to the best of their ability when they know all they can expect is abuse? I still can't get my head around tonight's match, how can we hold Germany with at least a degree of competence and then get torn to shreds by Cyprus with most of the same team? I'm tempted to think it's down to 1. the huge pressure on us to win after the last three bad results and "knives out" atmosphere surrounding the team, a la the English press approach 2. Cyprus playing out of their skins to make up for being shredded by Slovakia and 3. Staunton being absent after his idiocy in Stuttgart, effectively leaving us with another new manager leading the team for the first time.

on the other hand, should we just start to accept that were a third rate team?

on the other hand, should we just start to accept that were a third rate team?

Well, look at our players... on paper, we should have a better side than say, Northern Ireland, who managed to beat Spain and tonight draw with Denmark away. I don't think it's the quality of the players, we've just absolutely lacked spirit, discipline etc recently. I'm not even sure if a new manager would immediately solve the problem. It seems to run deeper than just tactics, players just don't appear to care all that much about playing for Ireland at the moment.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steve Staunton and his only fan[/FONT]
0000a2fa170.jpg

Hahaha, fair play RTE.

Fucking hell. 5 bastard 2 against Cyprus. Hari kiri. If it was good enough for Elliot Smith...

sure stan hasnt a clue but what the fuck were the players up to?

the back 4 were all over the shop. dreadful mistakes that you'd fuck a sunday league player out off it for. kenny didnt crown himself in glory either after waiting so long for his chance although the back 4 didnt help.

on dunnes sending off. the brainless oaf got his two cards for challenges in the cyprus half when the forward was facing his own goals. proof that footballers are brainless.

john o'shea. how is this guy a footballer? has he a rich daddy? does he hold the secrets to lifes little mysteries? does he have the cure for cancer?
seriously...he offers nothing and reacts to everything when its too late. fergie must be using him to gte the sack at utd and a huge payoff.

midfield. duff and mcgeady played well - mcgeady rose to the challenge while duff never stopped trying and looked like his old self at times.

kilbane and ireland. never had control. a step too far for ireland and kilbane in midfield is a dream too far and something that has to stop. carsley is no world beater but he wouldnt have let some cypriots walk around him. stan should bring him in for wednesday.

keane and morrison. keane was ok. could have been better. he should be in his prime now but seems to have gone backwards. morrison was dreadful. like playing with 10 men. all he does is throw his eyes and hands to heaven instead of getting stuck in.

a league of ireland select would have done a better job. maybe showed some pride in the shirt.

a league of ireland select would have done a better job. maybe showed some pride in the shirt.

People keep saying this as if to say "look, thats how shite we were, the EL would do better"

Don't know if thats waht you mean trev, but if Stan bothered his bollox to look at domestic football once in a while he might find better players than Alan fucking Lee.

People keep saying this as if to say "look, thats how shite we were, the EL would do better"

Don't know if thats waht you mean trev, but if Stan bothered his bollox to look at domestic football once in a while he might find better players than Alan fucking Lee.

no i actuallly mean the opposite. i've seen plenty of the eircom league the past few years and i know that a best of team would have beaten cyprus.
cyprus in fact had some players from their domestic league.

i thought alan lee did ok when he came on however i'd rather we didnt have to use him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back