will mac break my heart (1 Viewer)

I just realised I haven't switched on my macbook for more than a month.

It looks great though. Sitting there. Being black.
I've started using it as a stand for my Ubuntu laptop, which it handles admirably.

You can also right click by having 2 fingers on the mousepad & clicking the mousepad button.

or if you quickly take your hand off the mouse, put it under the crook of your leg, lift your leg and arm back up to the mouse, push it forward gently, and then grab it firmly and click.

That acts as a right click.

Seriously. Fuck Mac mice. They are a load of shit.
I can't use the mac mouse now, because it randomly clicks all the time. The reason? Apple didn't earth their mouse properly. Any static it senses in me gets translated into a click.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8040444

edit, read the poor bastard who lives too near an AM transmitter.

aaahh, but its grand sure, I just have FUCKING EARTH THE MOUSE MYSELF BY HOLDING ONTO THE FUCKING KEYBOARD ALL THE TIME.

Fuck. Sake.

or if you quickly take your hand off the mouse, put it under the crook of your leg, lift your leg and arm back up to the mouse, push it forward gently, and then grab it firmly and click.

That acts as a right click.

Seriously. Fuck Mac mice. They are a load of shit.
I can't use the mac mouse now, because it randomly clicks all the time. The reason? Apple didn't earth their mouse properly. Any static it senses in me gets translated into a click.
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8040444

edit, read the poor bastard who lives too near an AM transmitter.

aaahh, but its grand sure, I just have FUCKING EARTH THE MOUSE MYSELF BY HOLDING ONTO THE FUCKING KEYBOARD ALL THE TIME.

Fuck. Sake.

That is ridiculous but you can use any USB mouse with the mac. Doesn't have to be the mighty mouse.

Thumped in off topic posting shocker.

It's not even off topic, the problem is with the shitty Apple wired mice, that were horribly designed resulting in them picking up AM signals and minuscule static charges in the user, that someone might very well buy for their macbook.

I will always plug an external mouse into laptops if I am working.

The original poster was 2+ years ago

I see that................now.

Doesn't really matter though.
The right click for a desktop had been pretty much covered already by people pointing out that a regular 2 button mouse works as normal on Mac.

I was just pointing out a handy way of doing it for anyone not using a mouse.

Have purchased the Macbook a few weeks ago and luv it! am in the midst of college
exams so am resisting temptation to play with the various applications (imovie, comic one etc) until Im done... it's deadly though.
but do you guys have recommendations for anti-virus programms for mac? I had a few on the pc ( can't remember the names) and feel like I should have something on this..

suggestions v. welcome!

sarah ;

hows this going now?

Still going strong, slowed a little bit but really nothing to speak off, installed extra go faster ram in it a while back ...
Although i cycle in with mine crushed between books and gym stuff which probably isn't the best for it.
so I'm quite impressed it's still grand.

Have any of yis ever had a problem with a Macbook Pro disconnecting/not being able to reconnect to a wireless network? My girlfriend got a Macbook a couple of months ago and it seems to happen to hers here in the house all the time, though never to my (Windows-running) laptop.

The Apple forums seem full of people with the same or similar problems, but there doesn't seem to be any solution that I can see. Changing the wireless channel in the router setup seems to let her reconnect again, but it's a bit of a pain in the arse to do that every time her Macbook loses its connection.

Have any of yis ever had a problem with a Macbook Pro disconnecting/not being able to reconnect to a wireless network? My girlfriend got a Macbook a couple of months ago and it seems to happen to hers here in the house all the time, though never to my (Windows-running) laptop.

The Apple forums seem full of people with the same or similar problems, but there doesn't seem to be any solution that I can see. Changing the wireless channel in the router setup seems to let her reconnect again, but it's a bit of a pain in the arse to do that every time her Macbook loses its connection.

Have you checked the logs on the modem/router? I had similar problem recently with a new DSL provider modem, the modem/router would shit its pants every so often and reboot itself. Turns out it was dishing DHCP IPs in the most awkward manner and there was conflict galore happening between two machines/telly set-top boxes. I would do a full re-initialisation of the modem/router (save your config before hand), make sure you're running the latest firmware too.

I had this problem and it was driving me insane. All browsers would crawl along but other PCs on the network were fine. I did this and it solved everything:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=358919

just to mention that thread is about configuring a different DNS server instead of the one provided by your operator (i.e. UPC/eircom), if the DNS provided by your operator is slow, you'll notice slowdown (DNS is the phonebook that matches domain names to their IP addresses, that matching is done through a DNS server and if it's a slow one, you'll notice a pause before web pages/images load.) @outoftheblue's problem looks like IP conflicts as it's disconnecting from router altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back