Why Thumped? (2 Viewers)

Pantone247 said:
I'm here waiting for Roxy to finally lose it completely

i was aware of thumped and visited it long before i started to post here. it has a reputation for being scarey and also i couldn't be arsed. i started coz i wanted to see what it's all about, and then what's that saying? wouldn't want to be a in any club that would have me as a member? something like that.

i guess now i must conrtinue to post because i enjoy being ignored, it's the only explanation.

seriously, your mostly funny mofo's and i have free time in work and it's a good way to encounter good music. it could be a little more righteous/avtive/pointfull but i'm not complaining.

thought it would be more of a community than a bitch fest.

roxy said:
In all seriousness Donkey, there are journals devoted to New Media which publish articles dealing with these themes. For example, why do people find it so easy to discuss ultra-personal problems with strangers on the internet. Etc..etc..

Just saying, if it's something that you do find interesting, there's plenty of research done, and plenty of reading available.

Even if I were in prison I wouldn't be bothered readin that stuff Roxy.

I started posting here to try and promoat Stoat ... my main reason for coming here now is social interaction - I work at home and don't really see anyone regularly except for my wife, child, and band, so it's nice to get to talk to people, some of whom I even like

I also work at home, and even when I'm not, I tend to be working on my ownsome with little contact with other people. It's good to hear about music I like, or that I might like to know about, and talk about books and movies and life and food and stuff. And I generally find Thumpeders (it's Thumpeders, you pricks) to be funny and intelligent folks, both in real life (those I've met) and on the internerd.

I tend to ignore a lot of the bickering, but I'd prefer some relentless arguing than some board that is so carefully moderated that you can't actually have a conversation. Those boards are boring, and I never last long in their cultivated politeness.

Maybe Thumped has a rep for being bitchtopia, but, like furry woodland creatures, we might not always see stuff the same way, but when it comes down to it, we love our habitat, and each other:

racoonsSquirell.jpg

Ed said:
I've been posting on thumped for a fair old while now, and was reading for a few months before i registered.
Personally i don't think it's changed that much at all: new people arrive, old people go, old people leave then come back, hag's an idiot, people talk about music, people slag music, people talk about other things, people slag other people, mondo likes big pictures, the boys give the girls rep because they think it's a new form of chatting people up, pantone likes neil young, nlgbbblbth knows everything about everything, pete likes wrestling and metal, ms. b used to be a bitch then changed her mind, billy changes his name lots, kirstie likes shoes, other people like other stuff.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz OH SWEET JESUS, SYRINGE IN THE BRAIN NOW!!!!!!!

i
-am extremely interested in independent music.. there is some really talented people doing very vital music everywhere + close to home// i want to hear it.
-enjoy extremely hearing new musics
-use it to find out what interesting gigs are coming up
-enjoy discussions regarding aesthetics (e.g. music, film, books etc)
-often laugh out loud at the witty posts of certain members, and i'm a miserable fucker
-find the bickering to be often hilarious
-am mostly bored and drunk,.

///.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back