Why Thumped? (1 Viewer)

I dunno,most people are pretty nice on the board(myself included I like to think) but if you post something stupid you should be berated for it in the same way you would if you said it in the pub,you cant take seriously though.Jesus I can think of two people I could do for libel if I did;)
Ben Richards said:
their are currently 100 active people on the board at the moment and 244 people have logged on today, yet so few people post regularly.
probably out of absolute dread.

nEiLo said:
just wondering if you know any thumpers in the real world. it makes a big difference.
good point.
i know who a good few of the posters are but i couldnt say i know them off thumped. i doubt if i'm unique in that respect.

Ben Richards said:
their are currently 100 active people on the board at the moment and 244 people have logged on today, yet so few people post regularly.
probably out of absolute dread.

When I first started posting on Thumped I remember thinking all my own posts were retarded and that all the regular posters were probably an uber-cool, devestatingly witty, sophisticated, sexy clique that would never accept me. I suppose starting to get rep points for my retarded posts made me think "Heyyy these guys must all be morons if they think I'M cool. I'm going to call them all morons."

roxy said:
em..shall i draw you up a list?

(please say no.....but just acknowledge my point that there are loads of places with far more gig comprehensive gig listings than thumped)
mmm... nah, I don't really mean listings specifically. you know banter about bands and shit. hype, in some cases. knowharramean!?

brianoak said:
I dunno,most people are pretty nice on the board(myself included I like to think) but if you post something stupid you should be berated for it in the same way you would if you said it in the pub,you cant take seriously though.Jesus I can think of two people I could do for libel if I did;)

thats the thing, its a laugh and total piss take.

just out of curiosity who has got the most rep???

roxy said:
In all seriousness Donkey, there are journals devoted to New Media which publish articles dealing with these themes. For example, why do people find it so easy to discuss ultra-personal problems with strangers on the internet. Etc..etc..

Just saying, if it's something that you do find interesting, there's plenty of research done, and plenty of reading available.
care to actually contribute something roxy? i'm looknig for thumped specific user experience. nothing more really.

Donkey OJ said:
care to actually contribute something roxy? i'm looknig for thumped specific user experience. nothing more really.

Are you getting sarky? Just I hope not coz i was genuinely trying to be helpful. In my college (DIT) (when i was a student) we had New Media journals and from the sounds of your posts it seemed like it was something you were actually curious about.

If you're askin whether I'd care to offer a Thumped-related article to this journal for publicatoin, then.....I'm afraid not, seeing as English isn't my first language.

roxy said:
Are you getting sarky? Just I hope not coz i was genuinely trying to be helpful. In my college (DIT) (when i was a student) we had New Media journals and from the sounds of your posts it seemed like it was something you were actually curious about.

If you're askin whether I'd care to offer a Thumped-related article to this journal for publicatoin, then.....I'm afraid not, seeing as English isn't my first language.
i'm not looking for a thesis. just some honest input based on your experience. i'm curious about a lot of stuff. today it's what the fuck am i or anyone else doing on thumped today and every other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back