Who's going to Wilco next Thursday? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 4
Wilco V. 2007 suck balls.
...I could imagine myself eating fondu and drinking blu-nun at some shitty swingers party in the LA hills in 1974 and they were providing the background music to it.

I'd love to go to a party like that.

In the space of fifteen minutes last night Tweedy & Co. reminded me of equal parts White Album, Steely Dan, Neu! and Neil Young. It was great. One of the few 'rockist' bands that don't have me yawning. It's 2007 after all.

Oh Chris Scudder from Sky News was standing behind me.

I hate Wilco now.

Did someone in this thread slag them for being "a musician's band", or at least use that term perjoratively? Is that as in slagging them for bing like Steve Vai or just not make any sense? I'm confused. Fair enough if you prefer older Wilco records, but I can't see why you went if you dislike their last three records. And they even played a triple salvo of Being There goodness at the end.... no pleasing some people!

played 'misunderstood' tonight. fantastic. changed the set up quite a bit. started with 'via chicago'. first bit of the gig was ruined for me by 5/6 idiots who seemed to have arranged to meet for a chat 6 meters in front of the sound desk.

i think i may be gay for glen kotche.

no joy. I did find my NCT notice, an overdue bill from the hospital and that Sloan plectrum you gave me. So it wasn't time wasted. Still, I will find that CD. I'm such a bad friend.

I still don't understand this musicians band term, I think it might be the height thumped cynicism. They were fucking ace again last night.

Only annoying thing was that tool who shouted "Puke for me Jeff". Then "I paid forty euro, I want puke". Then another "Puke for me Jeff". Then another "Puke for me Jeff." Glenn Kotche is fucking amazing.

I still don't understand this musicians band term, I think it might be the height thumped cynicism. They were fucking ace again last night.

Only annoying thing was that tool who shouted "Puke for me Jeff". Then "I paid forty euro, I want puke". Then another "Puke for me Jeff". Then another "Puke for me Jeff." Glenn Kotche is fucking amazing.

We must hunt this prick down and destroy him.

i think i may be gay for glen kotche.

The missus pointed out to me after a song or two that he was the closest thing she had ever seen to a live version of Animal from The Muppets. This only added to my enjoyment. Awesome gig.

I'm only opposed to the last one album. I wasn't aware that you had to give yourself over to the band's every whim in order to justify attending their show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back