Who's going to Wilco next Thursday? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter hugh
  • Start date
  • Replies 112
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 4
Worst Wilco gig I have ever been to, without a doubt. I should have known better because I pretty much gave up listening to Jeff after the duds on Foxtrot. The mix between Frampton and Crosby Still & Nash they have going on now is just awful. The first encore felt like the longest 10 minutes of my life but I had to wait it out because I know they always do an extended encore or come out a few more times.

The last few songs were the best of the entire gig but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was in the movie Ghost World and at the club watching Blues Hammer. It'll be class when they break up and come back and play shows like Sebadoh where they stick to one album. Being There start to finish...that would be a good show.

By the way, Hugh...we did switch tickets, right? Got there and handed them Thursday tickets but they let us in anyway. You had Thursday tickets all along, dude. If he plays via Chicago, Far Far Away or Passenger Side tonight, your gang and my gang are going to rumble. ;)

'Impossible Germany' was my highlight. I thought Nels Cline was gonna rupture an internal organ with that wig-out. Quality.

Christ, that was awful.

I don't think I've ever been at a show where there was such a clear demarcation between 'BAD new stuff' and 'GOOD old stuff'. The only blurred lines are in the 'A Ghost Is Born' songs where they are starting to veer towards BAD but are still GOOD enough to pass muster.
Horrible protracted guitar solo hell.

I loved the second encore, and was delighted after 4 or 5 songs when Pot Kettle Black got a run out. That's my fave.

Agree with Hayworth.

Were we at the same gig?! That was absolutely outstanding from start to finish. Roll on tonight.

I suppose I just hate all the masturbatory guitar bits they do all the time now. I miss Uncle Tupelo and early Wilco. Heavy Mental Drummer was the death of Wilco for me. I kinda knew it but I loved them for so long I had to give a chance. I am just glad I got to see them as much as I did before they turned (in my opinion) crap.

I was trying really hard to enjoy it but I was surrounded by annoying people, which never helps. I think I am filled with too much rage lately because I really just wanted to kick everyone talking and using their mobiles. Maybe I should take a kickboxing class or something before I just freak out one day.

By the way, Hugh...we did switch tickets, right? Got there and handed them Thursday tickets but they let us in anyway. You had Thursday tickets all along, dude. If he plays via Chicago, Far Far Away or Passenger Side tonight, your gang and my gang are going to rumble. ;)

Oh my God ... I am complete fucking idiot. I obviously swapped you my Thursday ones instead of my Wednesday ones. Which means I have two Wednesday ones sitting at home. Spa. It's okay though, as by a bizzare chain of events I ended up with more tickets than I needed anyway .... phew.

why would you go to a gig by a band like wilco and moan about how much early stuff the didn't play?

i loved that gig.

What time did they actually start at?

Oh my God ... I am complete fucking idiot. I obviously swapped you my Thursday ones instead of my Wednesday ones. Which means I have two Wednesday ones sitting at home. Spa. It's okay though, as by a bizzare chain of events I ended up with more tickets than I needed anyway .... phew.

Well do you get to go? I was filled with guilt through out the gig thinking I gave you the receipt of the tickets by accident and I would go home and find Wednesday tickets in my other bag. It is the first thing I did when I go home and was so relieved. I was thinking I was going to have to call Vicar Street and bring them the receipt for you because they kept the Thursday tickets I gave them to sell today. The doorman looked at me like I was an idiot because I was there on the wrong night.

why would you go to a gig by a band like wilco and moan about how much early stuff the didn't play?

i loved that gig.

I think they're dead right to play their new stuff. If they didn't, they'd basically be a covers band and could play the Red Cow with Smokie.
But I just don't like it. Can't I say that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back