Who is this About? (1 Viewer)

versus

I don't think it's him

this is from wikipedia

"(What's the Story) Morning Glory? is the second album by the English rock band Oasis. Released on 2 October 1995, the album was Oasis' most enduring commercial success, charting at number one in the UK (staying there for 10 weeks) and number four in the U.S. The album sold 347,000 copies in its first week in the UK[citation needed] and has so far sold close to 20 million copies worldwide.[citation needed]

The album has gone 4× platinum (4.6 million copies) in the United States.[1][2][3]

. "Wonderwall" and "Champagne Supernova" went gold in the United States.[4] "

Isn't the general opinion that Oasis didn't conquer america either?

yes but

a) There's more to this than not breaking america

b) His second album was very well promoted with 5 singles which are not the actions of a label who have decided to not " go through the demeaning and thankless task of throwing even more money at the project" and dropping the singer

eh, keep up with the responses though

yes but

a) There's more to this than not breaking america

b) His second album was very well promoted with 5 singles which are not the actions of a label who have decided to not " go through the demeaning and thankless task of throwing even more money at the project" and dropping the singer

eh, keep up with the responses though

Good point. perhaps this is where the rumours come from

2002-2003: Slicker Than Your Average
The follow-up album, Slicker Than Your Average, was released in 2002 and fared considerably less well than David's debut. None of the six singles released from the album charted in the U.S. Although "What's Your Flava?" and "Rise & Fall" (duet with Sting) received airplay on the Urban contemporary and Soft AC formats, they did not make the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles Tracks chart or the Adult Contemporary chart. However, "What's Your Flava?" made the Rhythmic Top 40 (#32), Top 40 Mainstream (#24) and the Top 40 Tracks (#37). The albums' first four singles continued his streak of Top 10 hits in the UK, bringing a total of nine consecutive Top 10 hits until "World Filled with Love" peaked at #15 in 2003. According to the RIAA Slicker Than Your Average reached Gold Status in the USA.

[edit]2005-2006: The Story Goes...
David later signed on with Warner Music and put together his third album, The Story Goes..., which was released worldwide in August 2005 (excluding the U.S. where it was never released). The first single, "All The Way," returned him to the Top 3. The second single, "Don't Love You No More (I'm Sorry)," tied with "7 Days" as his longest running single in the charts since "Rewind," spending 15 weeks inside the UK Top 75. The album's third single, "Unbelievable," debuted at #18 in March 2006.
[edit] (from wikipedia my new safari is doing weird things so i'm doing auld apple C apple V dance)

two things
1. gold status means dick all

Like many record industry awards and rankings, the measurement is usually based on wholesale shipments to all types of retail outlets, not actual retail sales or financial transactions. This means that an early award or ranking for a new release reflects a distributor's expectations for the album and their market power. (wiki again)

and 2. the fact that Warner Music didn't even bother releasing the follow up doesn't say much. any way twas this period where i heard the rumours about the Beaney wering bollox being broke, dropped, whacked and laughed at.

can't find anything about the mega producers and spiralling costs anywhere though, maybe my wires are crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back