Who is the worst band ever? (1 Viewer)

Manic Street preachers would be my choice for their bland music and their 'I'm going to my room' student union politics.

The lighthouse family were a particularly bad example of a predictably bad sub-genre (tesco adult pop) - the guy always sounded like he was singing an octave below his natural range.

Ace of Base because they were always on the radio whenever i had a crap summer job.

By the way, anyone buying Puff daddy's perfume for rapists this year?

sean_john_unforgivable_woman.jpg

Hating a band isn't the same as that band being the worst band ever. You can't honestly think that The Beatles / Elliott Smith etc. are / is the worst band / singer ever, because you're wrong. Hate them, sure. But please try not to be wrong. Though it's very true that The Lighthouse Family were awful and that guy was teetering on the edge of tunelessness. They get my vote.

Hating a band isn't the same as that band being the worst band ever. You can't honestly think that The Beatles / Elliott Smith etc. are / is the worst band / singer ever, because you're wrong. Hate them, sure. But please try not to be wrong.

Agreed, I hate Queen but I understand why other people love them. And I like The Shaggs but I can't actually say they're good - I just like them.

M People deserve the crown if only for their criminal cover of Itchycoo Park, never mind their own abysmal songs.

And Primitive - it's THE Jesus AND Mary Chain, not "Jesus and the Mary Chain". And you're absolutely wrong. :)

Agreed, I hate Queen but I understand why other people love them. And I like The Shaggs but I can't actually say they're good - I just like them.

M People deserve the crown if only for their criminal cover of Itchycoo Park, never mind their own abysmal songs.

And Primitive - it's THE Jesus AND Mary Chain, not "Jesus and the Mary Chain". And you're absolutely wrong. :)

I'm having my very first ever listen to the jesus and mary chain right now (Psychocandy). Very underwhelming altogether, boring and shit even... and this is their best effort? Sounds like mazzy star without the tunes. Theyre still no Stereophonics or manic street preachers though, so thats cool.

about one minute into That Little Sports Car by the Shaggs there is the best instance of a drum stick hitting a snare drum in the history of rock.

No mention of the Proclaimers. My loathing of them knows no bounds.

now see here, The Proclaimers are a great band

this thread is getting troublesome now. the proclaimers are cool. the first album is deadly, the rest are over produced with bad session musos but the songs are still often top notch

This is probably one of the worst musical perfomances of all time

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back