Who can you trust? (1 Viewer)

I've actually caught up on the thread. It makes me think of how people approach romantic relationships, particularly when they've been hurt badly. I have a lot of friends who have come out of difficult relationships over the last few years and its understandable that it hardens them, but it makes me sad to see.

I don't really understand what you really have to lose when you go all in, in any situation! Yes showing too much of yourself, and divulging all of your "stuff" is really hard and when it backfires, its even worse, but... you recover, you get on with your life. You actually shock yourself with what you can recover from. And then you do it all over.

It sounds painful when you think of it like that, but the alternative? Holding yourself back on this false notion that there's something precious about what you keep to yourself? I don't feel that way anyway, I like to think that no matter what happens to me, I'll always be open and the kind of person that throws themselves into my relationships, and fuck it, if it goes tits up what are you really losing? You just become a more secure person yourself. I don't know... I guess its just sad to think of all these people out there wasting their lives by holding everything in and thinking they're being shrewd when really they're just wasting their time and missing out on all the awesomeness that can come from trusting people!

MY TWO CENTS.

As if a bartender wouldn't bring it up again?
People relate to people based on what they know about one another.
I bring stuff up people told me the next time they come in because it shows I remember them and makes a connection.
I'd say a prostitute is your best bet.

I'm choosing to read that as a non sequitur.

I've actually caught up on the thread. It makes me think of how people approach romantic relationships, particularly when they've been hurt badly. I have a lot of friends who have come out of difficult relationships over the last few years and its understandable that it hardens them, but it makes me sad to see.

Trust in that context is interesting. I think of romance as extended friendship. I can't go out with people based on physicality for very long, even if they are amazing in the leaba. My trust structure is demented though. I'm sort of like a timebomb. The minute i meet a woman and there is some mutality its a countdown to either getting rid of them of introducing them to my disorder. Either scenario is a necessity, bar the occasional one night stand, which i should be getting oscar nominations for. I've come to see it like a third person. But i have to boil trust down to 'are they going to remember which side of my face to avoid' at some stage, which is insane, but it is what it is.

I don't know... I guess its just sad to think of all these people out there wasting their lives by holding everything in and thinking they're being shrewd when really they're just wasting their time and missing out on all the awesomeness that can come from trusting people!

I totally agree.

770106.jpg

I have about 5 or 6 people that I could trust to help me bury a body, but I think that's probably more to do with their dubious morality.
Maybe I'm an exception, but I have a lot of people in my life that I would trust completing, but depend on is a whole different thing.
I have 2 maybe 3 people in my life that I can depend on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back