Where have you intrepid explorers been this year? (1 Viewer)

This thread is freaking me out. Is this some rich people celtic tiger type shit or do you have sick jobs that make you travel all over the place?
Jus' curious. Thread is making me feel inadequate.

This thread is freaking me out. Is this some rich people celtic tiger type shit or do you have sick jobs that make you travel all over the place?
Jus' curious. Thread is making me feel inadequate.
Travelling is cheap now. My 2 day trip to rotterdam cost e150 total (flights, accomodation, food, booze). You can go pretty much anywhere for cheap using www.whichbudget.com and www.hostelworld.com for flights and accomodation respectively (if you're not sure where an airport is, use www.wikitravel.org to get a guage of how far a town/airport is from a big city).

Travelling is cheap now. My 2 day trip to rotterdam cost e150 total (flights, accomodation, food, booze). You can go pretty much anywhere for cheap using www.whichbudget.com and www.hostelworld.com for flights and accomodation respectively (if you're not sure where an airport is, use www.wikitravel.org to get a guage of how far a town/airport is from a big city).
Rotterdam
Barcelona
Brussels (here and there)
Manchester
Tallinn
Helsinki
Stockholm
Copenhagen
Roskilde
Leeds
London
Montreal
Quebec
Grand Rapids (michigan)
Gainesville (florida - drove there from GR, 1200 miles in 20 hours)

Yeah but beyond the financial aspect where'd you even get the time to hit all these spots in 12 months? (yr 2 cents on Quebec Por Favor?)

Quebec was alright, bit boring and touristy but it was only a night to get out of montreal.

As for time, if you plan around bank holidays you get much more time off. I've only 21 days a year off work and i still managed all the above (and now that i think of it, i was in bristol for a weekend in september as well).

hmm... I'm usually a lazy fucker who doesn't like to get off the couch without good reason but I've done well for myself this year:

barcelona (primavera sound)
bristol/some place in wales
madrid
mexico (chiapas and yucatan)
belize (twice. long story. weirdest place ever.)
guatemala (which is an utterly amazing country by the way)

and next week I'm off through san salvador, and a tweeny bit of honduras, into nicaragua for a while, costa rica and finally panamá. that is unless I get savaged by wild dogs/fall ill with a tropical disease/kidnapped by banditos etc. etc. etc. etc. all very possible outcomes. nearly got flattened by a runaway horse yesterday!

Ennis
London (14 times so far, 6 more before year ends)
Manchester
Liverpool
Bolton
Blackpool
Leicester
Copenhagen
Madrid
Mallorca (twice)
Lanza-fucking-rote.

Germany next week, and another trip to Manchester next month.

leitrim
paris
london
munich
budapest

london for christmas, berlin in january (!) and paris in march. lot less than 2005, but still doing my bit for our collective carbon-packed doom.

Prague (4days)
Helsinki (1week)
Stockholm (4days)
St. Petersburg (3days)
Malta (all over,7 days)
Galway,(2 days)

London (2days), Cork (1day), Limerick (1 day) and New York (1 week) to come before year is out.|..|

As RSJ said, i've only 20days off a year too it's about scheduling, have nae paid more than couple hundred if even for any flight.

I actually didn't realise i was away so much, still felt like i was stuck in this shithole all year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back