when you realise your parents are completly ignorant and there is no hope for them (1 Viewer)

Re: when you realise your parents are completly ignorant and there is no hope for the

The Cook Report?

Re: when you realise your parents are completly ignorant and there is no hope for the

My Ma is a Photoshop and Illustrator expert, an oragami Master, love gays, but hates blacks, as we were raised Morman and believe that they are the descendants of Cain, and bear the scar of being scorched by god for killing Abel. :)
My dad was.|..|. Turned me onto Ministry, Eno and Dinosaur Jr.

My dad's great, really liberal, hip! My mum is a strange one, sometimes she can be liberal but then she'll floor you with something crazy, like 'a lot of eastern european men have no respect for women and are rapists'. Err, thanks for that mum. She, infuriatingly for me reads the Irish Mirror and the Evening Herald, and insists on quoting thoughtful gems from those two rags.

I once got tipsy with my mother and she proceeded to confide in me that her and my dad had, two weeks before at a bbq, smoked a joint with her friend's son. I drunkenly misread the situation and thought it would enhance the bonding we were now engaging in by admitting that I had, in the past dabbled with ecstacy and cocaine. Oh, how I misread that situation completely, totally, and utterly. She flipped her wig.

I no longer live with them but out of all my friend's parents they were the only ones who allowed their children's partners to stay the night in their bedrooms with them. Not that I ever felt that comfortable about it. He used to live in England and would stay with us for weekends. Every night I'd take him into the kitchen and warn him that I was going to to up to bed about 30 minutes before him and that he should hang around downstairs chatting with them and then follow me up. In hindsight it was really unfair on him but I just couldn't bring myself to stand up and announce that 'we' were going to bed at the same time! Issues!

My Dad was convinced that the Jesuits were responsible for the collapse of Communism.
He also said the Yellow Man would do the 100 metres in under 7 seconds.

I no longer live with them but out of all my friend's parents they were the only ones who allowed their children's partners to stay the night in their bedrooms with them.
my ex boyfriends ma walked in on us so many times. he even answered his phone to her mid ride. (yes janer he lost his 'rection). she was a cool liberal mam, as opposed to mine, who eventually broke down and later meekly asked if we could keep it down in the mornings...
wait a minute, im a total jerk.

i was out in my parents house last night, chatting to my brother about my dads blatant racism and my brother told me this story.

my dad was driving the car with my nephew in it. they pull up to traffic lights and, pointing to a man selling the evening herald my nephew says "where's that man from granddad?".

"the jungle" my dad replies.

the. jungle.
couldn't believe it.
my nephew thought all people with black skin were from the jungle until his mother found out.

i got my da a tube of lube to use on me, but while he was riding my arse, i turned around and saw him drinking it! you're supposed to put it on my ring you silly old cunt!

i was out in my parents house last night, chatting to my brother about my dads blatant racism and my brother told me this story.

my dad was driving the car with my nephew in it. they pull up to traffic lights and, pointing to a man selling the evening herald my nephew says "where's that man from granddad?".

"the jungle" my dad replies.

the. jungle.
couldn't believe it.
my nephew thought all people with black skin were from the jungle until his mother found out.
sounds like my grandad. he's fuckin terrible for that kind of thing .bulletheadz' he'd call them.

My da loses his reason in the presence of technology and can be persuaded of anything by sales assistants.
mine too. his latest purchase is a sat nav thing, bought a couple of months ago and now gathering dust in his kitchen. ah parents.

KENNY.gif

ISAN.gif

insufferable.gif

arseholes.gif

mine too. his latest purchase is a sat nav thing, bought a couple of months ago and now gathering dust in his kitchen. ah parents.
ive got a japanese sat nav in me car. its hilarious. cant understand where im going in tokyo since it only speaks / displays in japanese. came with the car.
it even has a remote even though its less than a foot from my left hand. ooohhhhhhh.... ahhhhhh.... hahah crazy japs

pretty much tearing hair out here after my mam decided to buy the new norton anti virus, despite the fact that i told her 1. DON'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT ME 2. DON'T EVER BUY PROGRAMS AS OUR INTERNET IS TOO SLOW. its so much unnecessary stress. the websites so fucking complicated and their helpline costs a tenner a minute (actually). ughhhhhhhhh. (i suppose i shouldve posted that on the computers forum here)

but before all that my friend was here and was talking about how his family is fostering 2 nigerian kids, and one of them always loves betting. "oh yeh the nigerians love scams!!! you do be always hearing about them scamming people in e mails!!". My mam just sat there absolutely delighted with her contribution to the conversation... :eek:

oh for the days when my parents knew everything...

oh jesus.. I feel your pain...

my ma thinks that email addresses are website addresses no matter how many times I tell her...

My Da has trouble getting the fucking lotto numbers off teletext you should see the two of them trying to find the numbers on the internet!!!! Oh and clicking on shit that they shouldnt click on..

then when i tell them to stop they go.. roisin dont be gettting so cross with us we dont know!! then I start shouting... aww your so fucking stupid!!!!

My parents stayed up all night completing pacman and other games on our first computer (1990?) and could type etc. Now my dad is a self proclaimed computer illiterate, well he quite simply isn't bothered learning anything new, and my mam did the ECDL years ago and thinks she's a master and talks away about the people we're skyping, not realising they can hear every single word.
Your mum sounds a lot cooler than you.
At least she's not a whinger.
I don't know....... these kids today.......

oh jesus.. I feel your pain...

my ma thinks that email addresses are website addresses no matter how many times I tell her...

My Da has trouble getting the fucking lotto numbers off teletext you should see the two of them trying to find the numbers on the internet!!!! Oh and clicking on shit that they shouldnt click on..

then when i tell them to stop they go.. roisin dont be gettting so cross with us we dont know!! then I start shouting... aww your so fucking stupid!!!!

Jesus, your parents are soft.
My folks are cool and relaxed but they wouldn't take lip from me ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back