When Under Ether - new music show on RTE 2 (1 Viewer)

Twas alright, the fella presenter is a bit crap which is saying a lot when his co-presenter is Michelle Doherty. He could've smiled a bit instead of that serious thing he had going on. Kinda like that bit in Adam & Joe where they did the zane lowe bit from brand:new

theylive.jpg

I'm gonna do it....I'm gonna stand up for Jools Holland.......I'm gonna say that I've seen some decent enough/Class performances on it over the years....seriously I'm gonna do it...... Wait I've just remembered how I had to watch it for an hour to see three songs by the one good band per episode and at least one of them was usually piss........... I bottled it.

.....Bollox post in fairness.

Still if this thread was available in 1982 there'd probably be 1000 people saying the old grey whistle test was shite.

yea true. I have no problem with Jools. Rarely anything I like on it. That doesn't make it shite.

It would be deeply unrealistic of me to expect a music show to conform to the music that I like and judging it as such would be unfair. I hate Jules Holland not for any specific gripe with the individual acts but more because it's absolutely fucking spineless television with the safest producers imaginable that take zero risks despite having the apparent freedom to book whom they like.

Because of the dearth of music shows on RTE, any shows that do exist sort of have to appeal to everyone, don't they? And it's hard to keep any sort of balance. Ideally it would be great to have more 'niche' shows, but that's too unrealistic, sadly. It will be interesting to see how When Under Ether pans out, and how it will balance things.

Michelle Doherty has improved from her last show, and the new fella is obviously pretty, well, new - but I can only imagine what a lot of us would be like on TV! Still, it makes me pine for the late Uaneen, someone with lots of bubbly personality who felt really relatable to and really passionate about her music. No disrespect to anyone else.

Regardless, it's great to have a music show on TV. It shows RTE listened, and hopefully if we keep giving feedback then it will keep going. Maybe eventually it will be moved to an earlier slot - I reckon a lot of people like myself watched it on RTE player.

Because of the dearth of music shows on RTE, any shows that do exist sort of have to appeal to everyone, don't they? And it's hard to keep any sort of balance. Ideally it would be great to have more 'niche' shows, but that's too unrealistic, sadly. It will be interesting to see how When Under Ether pans out, and how it will balance things.

Michelle Doherty has improved from her last show, and the new fella is obviously pretty, well, new - but I can only imagine what a lot of us would be like on TV! Still, it makes me pine for the late Uaneen, someone with lots of bubbly personality who felt really relatable to and really passionate about her music. No disrespect to anyone else.

Regardless, it's great to have a music show on TV. It shows RTE listened, and hopefully if we keep giving feedback then it will keep going. Maybe eventually it will be moved to an earlier slot - I reckon a lot of people like myself watched it on RTE player.

and this stat will be recorded and hopefully shown to rte to argue an earlier time would suit more.

everyone wants uaneen back but what can you do? i enjoyed the show. not great but it was one episode so let's see how they pan out and the fact that all six have been recorded already i feel that they definitely need a second six (at least) to see how they change things

Narc

and this stat will be recorded and hopefully shown to rte to argue an earlier time would suit more.

everyone wants uaneen back but what can you do? i enjoyed the show. not great but it was one episode so let's see how they pan out and the fact that all six have been recorded already i feel that they definitely need a second six (at least) to see how they change things

well suppposing 'they' get a second run, is there any chance 'they' wouldnt pre record all the shows before the launch. thats a fucking stupid idea. might as well pre record the news and weather while your at it.

Well I didn't quite mean that, everyone has their own style and some people appeal to the masses more than others.

I presume people from the show are monitoring the talk about it on the net so if we say what we like/don't like, things may change.

I'd like to see less well-known Irish bands on it, especially non-Dublin bands. Maybe performing a live track etc. Not just any old band obviously, but decent ones.

pre-recording all 6 shows doesn't leave much room for new tracks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back