When Under Ether - new music show on RTE 2 (1 Viewer)

Well I didn't quite mean that, everyone has their own style and some people appeal to the masses more than others.

I presume people from the show are monitoring the talk about it on the net so if we say what we like/don't like, things may change.

I'd like to see less well-known Irish bands on it, especially non-Dublin bands. Maybe performing a live track etc. Not just any old band obviously, but decent ones.

pre-recording all 6 shows doesn't leave much room for new tracks

completely agree with ya. was disappointed to see delerentos as the live band to be honest. best of luck to the lads but they, flight like apes and the coronas seem to be on bloody everything. nothing new and not to my liking to be honest. the pre-recording is a bad idea alright

Well from the site stats the better known performers get 1000s of views and those numbers are rising all the time so yeah some people do. I think it is fascinating to see how many bands there are in this country. You're right though maybe they should get a more elaborate set up. I think some of the time they record in-doors. I liked the Blood Or Whiskey performance on it and Paul Brady's is amazing.

to me that question is similar to "why listen to an entire album when you can skip on to your favourites" or "why listen to the radio when you can make your own playlist"

giving new music a chance and listening to someone else's opinion, hopefully catching an interview or performance that you would not usually pay attention to and hearing something interesting, having patience with a weekly show and trusting their judgment

obviously if the show is crap this will disappear but i really want to give it a chance

Are you Michelle Doherty? I think you're doing a good job but if there's going to be two presenters they should buzz off each other a bit... One of you could do 'blue steel' while the other talks and see if you can put each other off. Or have a flaming row and then kiss..

You should run tele Diarmuid.

They could have a flaming kiss then row. Then Pat Kenny could come on and start shouting at them. Lots of drum agus bass.

Yeah. Techno. Jazz Fusion. It's all out there.

You should run tele Diarmuid.

They could have a flaming kiss then row. Then Pat Kenny could come on and start shouting at them. Lots of drum agus bass.

Yeah. Techno. Jazz Fusion. It's all out there.

I'd be happy with a lucrative consultancy. All my TV show ideas are gathering dust.

Only watched the show tonight on the digibox, came on here to see what the 11 pages were about. Shouldn't have been surprised at the bitching and moaning. At least these people have got up off their holes and made something to spread new music around. Convincing RTE can't have been easy when there's no money out there in TV land.

I'd completely put myself slap bang into their target audience. Keep hearing band names like Health & The XX & The Dodos being dropped online, but haven't bothered too much finding out if they're worth the hype. After 10 mins of watching the show I got out the laptop to download a few songs as I watched. Was thinking to myself how I'd gotten lax lately about listening to new stuff, and trusted yer wan and yer man enough to pick something decent. Don't know either of them, but have seen them both engrossed in enough gigs around Dublin to figure they have to be passionate about this stuff.

Who cares if they're good looking or not natural onscreen. I'm not looking for Dermot O'Leary to hand me these songs. Great to see some decent music videos played on Irish tv.

Bollox. If there's €650,000 to pay Pat fucking Kenny then they can find a few quid for music show. RTE is a load of cock.

Pat Kenny brings in an enormous revenue, this show didn't have one non RTE ad during the breaks. They are not going to take huge monetary risks on new slightly obscure ventures. Wouldn't blame them really, seeing as this show is pretty much aimed directly at a miniscule Thumped type audience, yet most of the feedback here seems to be bitter critisms. Why bother at all?

Only watched the show tonight on the digibox, came on here to see what the 11 pages were about. Shouldn't have been surprised at the bitching and moaning. At least these people have got up off their holes and made something to spread new music around

Some people said it was good and some people said it was bad. What exactly do you want from people? Also, what has anyone getting off their hole and doing anything got to do with whether the thing they do is any use?

I watched it on the RTE iplayer over the weekend. I thought it was pretty good. Like a decent radio programme - talk kept to a minimum and a good mix of stuff music-wise. I liked that they included the gig listings (means they can't really repeat the show though). Also, I liked that they threw in the talking heads track, just to mix it up a little.

I'm sick of bumping into Michelle Doherty at skinny wolves/foggy notions/u:mack/ballroom gigs. scene whore.

the last time i seen michelle doherty at gig it was something upstairs in whelans and she didn't pay in and was talking to some fella for the whole of the gig, although she did leave before it was over

Mix Tape Public talks sense and Theseus Monk really needs to read what he writes before posting - very funny. That this show exists at all is an unassailable positive. Quit bitching, it'll be gone for five weeks in time anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back