What's wrong with thumped.com? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Threads
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
All you pricks giving out about the speed of the forum, what is it like, 0.0001 of a second slower than something else? I think you're missing the point of improving the site.

magicbastarder

Threads
Website
stroma.org
All you pricks giving out about the speed of the forum, what is it like, 0.0001 of a second slower than something else? I think you're missing the point of improving the site.
i'd say the changes have halved the time for pages to load for me; 8 seconds just there for the 'bored in work' page to complete loading. it used to take much longer.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
i'd say the changes have halved the time for pages to load for me; 8 seconds just there for the 'bored in work' page to complete loading. it used to take much longer.

you're not using Chrome by any chance, are you?

Psycho Punk

Threads
Life is short, I can't afford to lose that sort of time.

CitySickness

Threads
Website
Visit site
Nice one on the once-per-page sigs. I think I had them switched off long ago, but I'm not always logged in when I'm poking around Thumped.

CitySickness

Threads
Website
Visit site
I'd also strip out the join date, age, location, blog entries stuff on each post. If anyone needs to know that stuff, they can go to the user profile.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Threads
Website
thumped.com
I'd also strip out the join date, age, location, blog entries stuff on each post. If anyone needs to know that stuff, they can go to the user profile.
this is actually something i was thinking about doing - might give it a try later

also: every thread from every board on one page

CinnamonBoy

Threads
this is actually something i was thinking about doing - might give it a try later

also: every thread from every board on one page
I'd leave the join date in. The five letters "NKOTB" can be very informative when considered alongside the content of the post.

Theseus Mock

Threads
Would be an idea to see if the "Post Thanks / Like" bar can be removed from every post that isn't thanked/like. It's redundant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads